• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Mountain Improvement Gets You Most Excited?

What capital improvement would you like to see the most?

• Slopeside hotel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Resort village

• New base lodge or base lodge renovation

• Total voters

VTKilarney

Replacing a slow chair with a fast chair.

I should get more excited about snowmaking improvements given how important they are - but for some reason I don't.

Improvements that don't excite me: Triple chairs and six packs.

Tin

Snow making. Generally new lifts crowd things (Bonnie, Madonna, and Berkie's Triple are the few I would like to see replaced) and new glades were usually already there and just draw more people.

Hado226

Snowmaking capacity. Pumps, pipes and ponds.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

Gorgeous female employees in the ticket booths, food service, lift lines and other such places where mountain staff and the skiing/riding public interact.

Additional snowmaking and advanced/expert terrain is good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

new glades were usually already there and just draw more people.

I chose that #1, but approached it from the standpoint of terrain expansion, like "Waiting for Godot" glades (that should be what they name them) at Jay Peak.

MadMadWorld

Large terrain expansion (ala Burnt Mountain) in the real sense. Tree trimming and clearing with accessible hike to terrain would be an added bonus. Not by making the trail counts bloated with tiny paths and crossovers.

deadheadskier

Staff member
In the grand scheme of things, I guess a new terrain pod excites me the most as they happen so rarely now in the East. Only one I know of on the table right now is Pinnacle Peak at Ragged. Well, I guess West Bowl at Jay, but I've pretty much given up on that happening for the moment.

Generally though, it's entirely mountain specific for me. Whatever a particular mountain needs most.

Things I'd get really excited about

Wildcat - snowmaking
Attitash - new summit triple
Crotched - snowmaking pond expansion for early season needs
Ragged - Spear Peak chair replacement
Sugarloaf - additional lift capacity. King Pine HSQ and even more so, I think if they put a HSQ over in the Bucksaw area, it would siphon some traffic away from the Superquad and Skyline.

I could probably and have thought of improvements for just about anywhere. Only mountain I think is pretty much perfect is Stowe. Replacing the Mountain Triple with a HSQ would be nice, but probably not necessary. Expanding the Mansfield base lodge is probably the improvement the place needs most.

MadMadWorld

In the grand scheme of things, I guess a new terrain pod excites me the most as they happen so rarely now in the East. Only one I know of on the table right now is Pinnacle Peak at Ragged. Well, I guess West Bowl at Jay, but I've pretty much given up on that happening for the moment.

Generally though, it's entirely mountain specific for me. Whatever a particular mountain needs most.

Things I'd get really excited about

Wildcat - snowmaking
Sugarloaf - additional lift capacity. King Pine HSQ and even more so, I think if they put a HSQ over in the Bucksaw area, it would siphon some traffic away from the Superquad and Skyline.

I could probably and have thought of improvements for just about anywhere. Only mountain I think is pretty much perfect is Stowe. Replacing the Mountain Triple with a HSQ would be nice, but probably not necessary. Expanding the Mansfield base lodge is probably the improvement the place needs most.

How about extending the gondola to the chin?

lerops

Not sure if capital would help, but what would super excite me is moving Whiteface a few hundred miles southwest.

VTKilarney

We're not talking specific mountains here. Just what would you like to see at your run-of-the-mill ski hill.

Wildcat - snowmaking

Somebody didn't read the original post in this thread. ;-)

jack97

Gorgeous female employees in the ticket booths, food service, lift lines and other such places where mountain staff and the skiing/riding public interact.

Additional snowmaking and advanced/expert terrain is good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.... btw, seems strange to me that a volkl ski has solly bindings :?

ski-girl11.jpg