• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Autonomous Drone

dlague

Can you imagine if these proliferate the market like the POV cameras have? There would be aerial collisions everywhere! Really cool though!

skiNEwhere

Can you imagine if these proliferate the market like the POV cameras have? There would be aerial collisions everywhere! Really cool though!

Yup. I guarantee within 2-5 years ski resorts will start making policies regarding drone use. Or sooner if there is an incident like, let's say, a stray drone hitting a haul rope and getting sucked into the tower sheaves

dlague

Yup. I guarantee within 2-5 years ski resorts will start making policies regarding drone use. Or sooner if there is an incident like, let's say, a stray drone hitting a haul rope and getting sucked into the tower sheaves

That would be bad~! And everyone would sue the ski area rather than the guy who brought the drone (he would not have deep enough pockets)!

thetrailboss

Staff member
I don't even have a frickin Go Pro. Man I am so behind the times. I need a pet drone I guess.