• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Top 3 on your "bucket list"?

Edd

- Cat skiing in British Columbia

- Austria, or wherever you just ski town to town.

- Japan trees

goldsbar

Taos
Squaw and other Tahoe areas if they ever have a good snow year again
Anything in the Alps

Bonus - Telluride, but I'm ticking that off this year.

VTKilarney

- Austria, or wherever you just ski town to town.
Skiing town to town is pretty cool, but we didn't really wind up doing much of it when I was in Austria - even though we could have. This was because there really isn't a good reason in and of itself to go to another town other than for lunch. And you definitely don't want to get caught at the end of the day in a different town. But to say you have done it is pretty cool.

C-Rex

My list, like most of you is a mile long and constantly changing, however I consider "Bucket List" stuff to be the ultimate, even if not very practical.

Heli in Alaska
Southern Hemisphere during our summer (New Zealand or Argentina/Chile)
The Alps

If I all three could be just after heavy snows, that'd be greeeeaaat.

boston_e

I had forgotten about Telluride. Might have to edit my top 3 bucket list. :-o

abc

My list, like most of you is a mile long and constantly changing, however I consider "Bucket List" stuff to be the ultimate, even if not very practical.
If I were to list the "ultimate", they'll all be back country places (like heli/cat/skin skiing). But I have a lot of doubt ANY of them will happen at all. I'm neither good enough in descend nor fit enough in ascend to really justify them.

Of the lift-served skiing, I can pretty much go anywhere. The only reason I haven't hit a particular area is usually down to time (to a lessor degree, money). And the fact that I'm enjoying skiing the "ordinary" stuff too much already! :)

snowmonster

Niseko, Hokkaido, Japan - lighter snow than UT, so they say.

Jackson Hole - I hope my skills have not deteriorated so I can still make a run down Corbet's.

Big Sky - biggest skiing in America. Why not?

In the BC:

King Ravine - a long slog and no one to go with.

Oakes Gulf - that magical spring day never occurred for me.

The Mansfield backcountry (the Steeple and Teardrop) - almost did it but lacked time.

Honorable Mention: The Chic Chocs - too far to do on a weekend. I needed more time.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

crank

Haute Route
Zermatt
Aspen

Been fortunate or old enough to hit most of the major areas in the states and some on CAN as well. Skied Chamonix last year though I plan to go back when there is better snow. Skied Telluride this year and plan to return when there is better snow.

abc

Skied Chamonix last year though I plan to go back when there is better snow. Skied Telluride this year and plan to return when there is better snow.
That seems to be the theme for me too. Quite a list of places that look awesome if only they've got a bit more snow.

I'm not burning to go back to any of those particular places soon (Big Sky perhaps). There's no telling I'll have better or worse luck when I do go to any of them again. So I'll just hit them when it happens to be convenient.

They're off my "bucket" list, onto the nice-to-hit-again-in-good-condition list.

crank

That seems to be the theme for me too. Quite a list of places that look awesome if only they've got a bit more snow.

I'm not burning to go back to any of those particular places soon (Big Sky perhaps). There's no telling I'll have better or worse luck when I do go to any of them again. So I'll just hit them when it happens to be convenient.

They're off my "bucket" list, onto the nice-to-hit-again-in-good-condition list.

Yep, both were on my bucket list. So was Big Sky and I was super lucky to get a week of powder when I was there a 2.75 seasons ago. I say super lucky because the day we arrived the place was in the freeze portion of a big thaw/freeze cycle. I was in a terrible mood until it started snowing that same night.

ceo

Whistler-Blackcomb
Breckenridge or one of the Utah areas
France or Switzerland

C-Rex

I've thought about just biting the bullet on cost, picking a week and going wherever it's dumping just to hit a day like I dream about.