• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Latest moron on the slopes video.........sigh

Highway Star

jake, i've reported your video for promoting abuse. This is not the right way to respond to a confrontation on the slopes, and you are promoting a poor and dangerous attitude from other snowboarders. It's not right. You clearly broke point #4 of the skier's responsibility code: "whenever starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others", and were called out for it. They made up the code as good advice to keep people from hitting, killing and suing each other. Learn it.

Admit you were wrong, say you are sorry, and move on. Not being able to admit fault is a clear sign of narcissistic personality disorder, look it up. The old guy didn't assault you, he tapped you on the back because you ignored him the first time.

I ski weekends at one of the most crowded resorts in the country and have been an expert skier (with a race background) for 20 years. My brother is an ex-pro snowboarder and was nationally competitive. I know more than a few things about skiing fast and aggressively, crowded ski areas, skiing trees, and young skiers and snowboarders being punks. You sir are not a good snowboarder, clearly intermediate level at best if you are falling in flat trees. Take your headphones out, learn how to ride around other people, and pay attention to what you're doing.

If you blindly skied out of the woods in front of me, i would certainly stop you and make sure you know why you shouldn't do what you did - because people die doing that. It is literally one of the most dangerous things you can do at a ski area. Did your parents teach you to look both ways before crossing the street? Or do you just assume that drivers will see you and stop?

Perhaps one day, if you manage to live long enough, you will have the displeasure of watching a loved one be permanently maimed in a horrific ski accident that could have been prevented by following the skiers responsibility code. Good luck out there, you're going to need it.

lol.

Highway Star

this keeps getting better and better. If you go look at the ski sante fe trail map and google maps, the near miss happens not on a beginner trail for kids as claimed, but actually on a narrow runout trail called "spruce catwalk". This is a green circle trail, however, it is only accessed by blue and black trails further up the mountain. Anyone on this trail would be expected to be of reasonable ability, having just skied those trails, and can be expected to be traveling at a reasonable rate of speed. I would ski this trail at 30-40mph, as i normally ski an empty connector trail as fast as possible - unlike the old guy who is going around 15mph at best. What are you doing in those flat woods? Looks like ski sante fe might have some good tree skiing, if you had the ability level for it.

lol.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Was that your comment?

That's my question as well.

Snowboarder was at fault. Looking uphill and merging correctly certainly weren't done.

But, since the skier followed him, hit him from behind, stepped out of his bindings, and got into a pissing fit, skier should've gotten his ass kicked. That snowboarder had the right to punch that guy in the face. Probably could've claimed it was self-defense from the skier stalking him and hitting him.

There's certainly a way to enforce the code, and that is not it.

Lefty4514

The snowboarder needs to take out his headphones but at the same time some people aren't good at skiing/snowboarding and if they are on a beginner trail (which this seems to be) better skiers should be more careful about going fast around a blind bend. It seems even if the snowboarder looked up he wouldn't have seeen him coming ( or had the skills to stand up without moving into the trail). Number 2 of the responsibility code says people ahead have the right of way - both are idiots and looks like a typical weekend at Kton

Last edited:

Highway Star

That's my question as well.

Snowboarder was at fault. Looking uphill and merging correctly certainly weren't done.

But, since the skier followed him, hit him from behind, stepped out of his bindings, and got into a pissing fit, skier should've gotten his ass kicked. That snowboarder had the right to punch that guy in the face. Probably could've claimed it was self-defense from the skier stalking him and hitting him.

There's certainly a way to enforce the code, and that is not it.

In a fight, my money is on the old dude.

deadheadskier

Staff member
All I'm seeing are three pretty epic selfings

A. Who stalks someone on a ski hill attempting to start an altercation like the skier did?

B. Who bothers to put the Go Pro documented event on YouTube with captions?

&

C. Who thinks they're so bad ass they need to boast about it in the comments section of YouTube?

skiNEwhere

I lol'ed when the snowboarder called the skier ugly the first time around.

Does anyone else find it funny how the snowboarder says "I'll kick your ass" then continuously back pedal?

KustyTheKlown

i only take issue with his use of the word "faggot" and telling the old guy to "go suck a dick. the old guy was a total asshole and deserved to be told off, and i was rooting for a physical altercation in the video, but using homosexual slurs is never acceptable.

Edd

I agree that the old guy is a jerk. Posting the video was a mistake. The correct move is to erase it out of embarrassment. These issues are so easy to avoid on the slopes. Just say "my bad" and be on your way. Such a waste of time on a beautiful day.

Looking uphill before starting down is the most violated rule on the slopes, perhaps. It is very much in your best interest to look uphill. It might save your life.

wtcobb

All I'm seeing are three pretty epic selfings

A. Who stalks someone on a ski hill attempting to start an altercation like the skier did?

B. Who bothers to put the Go Pro documented event on YouTube with captions?

&

C. Who thinks they're so bad ass they need to boast about it in the comments section of YouTube?

Good summary. I think the final comment "Don't be this guy" applies to all parties.