• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Epic conditions on LI

ALLSKIING

Staff member
First started with 22 inches of powder! Then fri we picked up another 8 inches. Now we're picking up another 6 to 8! Totally epic!

Seriously, what a waste of snow! El Nino is bringing all these costal storms and keeping the north country dry. ...It's like a bad dream.

mriceyman

I have more snow ytd here in cnj than stratton has reported.. Not good

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

First started with 22 inches of powder! Then fri we picked up another 8 inches. Now we're picking up another 6 to 8! Totally epic!

Seriously, what a waste of snow! El Nino is bringing all these costal storms and keeping the north country dry. ...It's like a bad dream.

Patchougue Ski Bowl

eta:

talking about this place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bald_Hill_(Farmingville,_New_York)

i could swear it was called patchogue ski bowl when i lived there from 80-84

Stones69

I skied there in the sixties, had a rope tow and a Jbar. It was always called the Bald Hill Ski Bowl

NYDB

I had a great day at the yaphank landfill yesterday. I skinned about 10 laps.

Great snow up top with a soft diaper base.

Stones69

I live in Ridge about 20 mins east of Bald Hill. Moderator do you live in Setauket ? i went to ward melville back in the day.

twinplanx

I had a great day at the yaphank landfill yesterday. I skinned about 10 laps.

Great snow up top with a soft diaper base.
Are you remotely serious? I've often dreamed of Poaching Mt. Trashmore. But it seems to melt fast and I really don't want to get arrested or require a tetanus shot...

Stones69

Boomer and Carton on WFAN were talking about Bald Hill this am. Boomer said he skied there as a kid, they go to commercial break and boomer comes back with all the facts about BH.
As a kid I was there all the time, prolly did a few runs with him...

Cornhead

It's official, this season is a bust. TR's of snow covered piles of garbage in Long Island is not a good sign.

NYDB

I usually stick to the southwestern facing slope. There are a couple of couloirs that are pretty steep, with huuuuge consequences for missing a turn.

twinplanx

Wow, I've been away from AZ for some time. When did all these Brookhaven residents come out of the woodwork?

ScottySkis

I grew up in Centereach. Found memories of sledding in those man made dumps where fun when I was I child I know now why their was a fence.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk