• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Winter Forecast 2015-2016

catsup948

No models showed snow west of Martha's Vineyard today... and most were OTS.

6 days out. Just today this has gone way east and is now coming back west. GFS went from way out to sea at 6z to a big western shift at 12z and a little more at 18z. 18z GFS is a monster of a storm. If that could end up in the Gulf of Maine winter would make a brief come back for many.

Bostonian

Don't look now...

WINTER_GFS0P5_SFC_ACCUM-SNOW_120HR.gif

bdfreetuna

Good to know I'll definitely keep an eye on that. So far I've been driving the Legacy GT really carefully on anything slippery and pretty fast on open roads and highways. This car exceeded my expectations in every way and continues to impress just about every time I take it out for a drive... the pulls you can get even at highways speeds to pass someone are incredible and the handling is so sharp, I'd probably cry if I even scratched it.

Smellytele

NOAA at 3419' at K
Thursday
Rain, snow, and sleet likely before 2pm, then a chance of rain and sleet between 2pm and 3pm, then a chance of rain after 3pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Very windy, with a southeast wind 29 to 34 mph increasing to 35 to 40 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Thursday Night
Rain. Low around 29. Very windy, with a southwest wind 45 to 55 mph decreasing to 33 to 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday
Rain and snow showers before 10am, then rain showers and sleet likely between 10am and noon, then rain and snow showers likely after noon. High near 36. Windy, with a west wind 25 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

tnt1234

What a mess. Looked good a few days ago, now looks like rain and freezing rain in ME thurs>fri.

Weather underground is the most optimistic site, so I'll keep looking at that one I guess....

cdskier

I was originally planning to drive up to Sugarbush Thursday night after work to ski Friday and Saturday so I can be back home for family stuff on Sunday. I may need to reconsider with this forecast... :thumbdown:

bdfreetuna

Wow I'm really noticing a pattern this season..

Looks like Mt Tremblant might still get hammered. North VT-NH-Maine could have a decent stretch of weather relatively speaking too.

steamboat1

Heading up early tomorrow morning, fingers crossed.

Tonight
A chance of snow with a slight chance of light snow before midnight, then snow, mainly after midnight. Low around 28. Very windy, with a southwest wind 25 to 30 mph increasing to 36 to 41 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday
Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 32. West wind 8 to 14 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Wednesday Night
Snow likely, mainly after 9pm. Cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.