• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

So who is breaking the $100 mark this year?

dlague

I just got the Killington Drift Newsletter and notice it mentioned the window rate for adults is $105 this year so joining Stowe in the $100+ club. I suspect a few others will go there too. Many have not put up their new window rates yet.

bdfreetuna

Glad I got a grip of early season BOGO for Killington. Probably won't ski there mid season at all, if I do, use a VT-5 pass.

I love Killington but it lacks the ritzy polish that comes with Stowe. I wonder if their Killington Express Card discounts will increase accordingly?

4aprice

I just got the Killington Drift Newsletter and notice it mentioned the window rate for adults is $105 this year so joining Stowe in the $100+ club. I suspect a few others will go there too. Many have not put up their new window rates yet.

I would imagine Sugarbush, Okemo and Stratton might join them. A lot places out west above 100. Thank god for the pass wars.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

KustyTheKlown

Thank god for the pass wars.

yep. its a terrible barrier to entry for the noobs or the casual skiers, but the resorts aggressively pricing day tickets in order to offer interesting and competitive season passes and similar products to people like us is fine with me.

benski

I would imagine Sugarbush, Okemo and Stratton might join them. A lot places out west above 100. Thank god for the pass wars.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

All ski areas should have dirt cheep beginner tickets that only allow you on beginner lifts. I bet a lot more people would pick up the sport if they could try it on the cheep.

KustyTheKlown

All ski areas should have dirt cheep beginner tickets that only allow you on beginner lifts. I bet a lot more people would pick up the sport if they could try it on the cheep.

2 years ago my girlfriend learned how to ski. she had been on one ski trip in college, and basically started again from scratch at 30. sugarbush had an amazing deal. it was like $150 for a 3 day sequence, it didnt need to be consecutive days. so it came with 3 progressive beginner lift tickets (day 1 magic carpet, day 2 that little double chair, day 3 gate house), 3 days of progressive lessons, all of her rentals, AND A SEASONS PASS UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM. she ended up skiing 12 days that season. now she crushes groomed blues and will probably dip her toe in to groomed blacks this season. makes a ton of sense to offer that kind of thing for true beginners.

cdskier

I say Sugarbush comes in just under the $100 mark (they were $93 non-holiday last year and $95 holiday). Okemo was $97 weekend last year, so could definitely see that going over $100. Stratton was apparently $105 last year on weekends...so no doubt they are over $100 this year. Midweek Stratton was $89, so I'd say that stays under $100.

At prices like that for day tickets you don't need to ski too many days to make passes worthwhile. And with Sugarbush's new early 30s pass I'm really getting a steal!

drjeff

Just the evolutionary process to discourage the day tripper from skiing around at many major areas every season and strongly encourage the day tripper, via much less expensive passes and discount frequent skier card type offers to spend more and more ski days at just one area (or a few areas owned by the same company and/or regional group discount consortium) IMHO.

Is this a good thing? Bad thing? or who knows? I guess that all depends on one's perspective and satisfaction with plans that they are now more likely to take advantage of.....

cdskier

K was $94/$96 last year, $105 everyday this year. I wouldn't bet the Bush comes in under $100. Just a few more years & I can get a boomer.

Was the $94/96 for midweek/weekend? I still think Sugarbush's pricing scheme change last year was bizarre where they changed from a midweek and weekend/holiday rate structure to a midweek/weekend combined and separate holiday rate. Having midweek the same price as weekend made no sense to me, although it seems more places are moving to stop differentiating between those 2.

dlague

K was $94/$96 last year, $105 everyday this year. I wouldn't bet the Bush comes in under $100. Just a few more years & I can get a boomer.

I thought that increase was pretty significant compared to previous seasons. Generally see a few dollar increase IIRC.

Jully

2 years ago my girlfriend learned how to ski. she had been on one ski trip in college, and basically started again from scratch at 30. sugarbush had an amazing deal. it was like $150 for a 3 day sequence, it didnt need to be consecutive days. so it came with 3 progressive beginner lift tickets (day 1 magic carpet, day 2 that little double chair, day 3 gate house), 3 days of progressive lessons, all of her rentals, AND A SEASONS PASS UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM. she ended up skiing 12 days that season. now she crushes groomed blues and will probably dip her toe in to groomed blacks this season. makes a ton of sense to offer that kind of thing for true beginners.

Other areas Shawnee Peak in ME and K in VT and Pats Peak i think have a deal WHERE you pay like $250, get free lessons, tickets and rentals for 3 or 4 lessons depending on the place, and then get a free pair of Elan skis with bindings upon completion.

That's an even better deal IMO, though both are incredible.

There are really good learn to ski deals out there, the only problem is that resorts don't advertise it well enough in my opinion. It takes knowing someone who already skis a lot to see the deal and get friends involved. Doesn't attract non skiing families the same way.

mrvpilgrim

In past years Sugarbush has offered a pass good only on the Village Chair and Magic Carpets in the $20 range
Not on the board but available if you ask

4aprice

Just the evolutionary process to discourage the day tripper from skiing around at many major areas every season and strongly encourage the day tripper, via much less expensive passes and discount frequent skier card type offers to spend more and more ski days at just one area (or a few areas owned by the same company and/or regional group discount consortium) IMHO.

Is this a good thing? Bad thing? or who knows? I guess that all depends on one's perspective and satisfaction with plans that they are now more likely to take advantage of.....

Bingo! I don't think this is a bad thing either. I'm pretty excited about this year and the options of areas I have for what we think is a pretty decent cost. Pick your destination and have good options is a winner to me.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

steamboat1

I say Sugarbush comes in just under the $100 mark (they were $93 non-holiday last year and $95 holiday).

Well you were right & I was wrong. Sugarbush will be $97 non-holiday & $99 holiday.