• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New Design for Ski Brake

Ski brake

Google survey to help us see if the market is sufficent enough for us to produce an improved ski brake.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Filled it out. I was unaware that people had issues with brakes while skiing switch, but I guess I could see how they might. Never really got into skiing switch

cdskier

I filled it out...but I too never thought there could be an issue with brakes for switch skiing.

Hawkshot99

The park skiers snap brakes all the time. Very rare for a non park skier to have issues with a pair of brakes.

Jully

The park skiers snap brakes all the time. Very rare for a non park skier to have issues with a pair of brakes.

That's what I figured. I filled out the survey as well. Literally only 3 questions, which I did not expect! Super easy.

I literally haven't been in a park in 15 years give or take a year, so unfortunately this product would likely not help me!

cdskier

That's what I figured. I filled out the survey as well. Literally only 3 questions, which I did not expect! Super easy.

I literally haven't been in a park in 15 years give or take a year, so unfortunately this product would likely not help me!

I get the impression most people on this forum aren't park skiers...so I'm not sure how useful the results of the survey will end up being from our responses.

Jully

I get the impression most people on this forum aren't park skiers...so I'm not sure how useful the results of the survey will end up being from our responses.

That's definitely true... the link being out there helps though!

Ski brake

This info really helps, thankyou I will make a new survey focusing on park skiers. If you anyone knows of a good place to go that would help.

SkiingInABlueDream

I like your poll.
Q1: Do you ski switch? >> Yes.
Q2: Do you downhill ski? >> no.
Submit response.

Have fun with that :)
And yeah, newskoolerz.com.
Kind of surprised you weren't already aware of that site if you knew that current brake design is problematic for switch skiing. Or if you knew what switch skiing means. :)

Good luck with your project (as in, I hope it's productive, not "you're gonna need it" :)