• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Who is you favorite big mountain shredder?

dlague

We typically go to the Warren Miller and TGR ski movies every year and in fact we will be seeing Tight Loose this Friday. One of the skiers that I have seen appear in both is Sage Cattabriga-Alosa. He seems like a free spirit and is fun to watch. He also has a great story. I would consider him one of my favorites. We met him at a TGR premier in Concord, NH as he has family in the area. It was cool to talk to him about that life style and I was surprised to find when talking to him that the movie companies do not pay them big $'s. The real money comes from the sponsors and advertisements. The film companies do however cover travel costs and food, which probably comes from sponsors of TGR and Warren Miller Productions.

http://www.tetongravity.com/story/s...il&utm_term=0_02c03531f8-5fdec2c179-274242909

So who is your favorite?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
For the longest time I wanted to be Billy Kidd or Jean Claude Killy

Then Mike Hattrup (Glen Plake was a punk) or Franz Klammer (Hermann Maier was a thug - an incredible thug)

Another punk was Bill Johnson but I couldn't help liking him - glad I wasn't him. Don't forget Tommy Moe.

Now? maybe Daron Ralves. Bode? - he's alright I guess - he signed my Cannon pass after asking if I cut the line. I did - but didn't know it. The looks I got from all the parents with their little kids! :slap:

Locally Stacy Rachdorf of Meatheads fame.

BenedictGomez

Am I alone in that I've watched a bunch of these ski movies, and yet wouldn't recognize a single one of the skiers?