• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official March '17 Nor'easter Thread

cm0311

Looks promising!

I'm seeing 21" projections to White Mountains to southeast NH and coastal-mid Maine....so potential gold mine for Sunday River/Loon/BW/Cannon.

Domeskier

I won't believe the hype until the weather channel gives the storm a name.

Brad J

Looks promising!

I'm seeing 21" projections to White Mountains to southeast NH and coastal-mid Maine....so potential gold mine for Sunday River/Loon/BW/Cannon.

Not Wildcat????????? !!!!!!!! I am starting to feel so illness coming on !!

Cornhead

I won't believe the hype until the weather channel gives the storm a name.
0d22fd8fbc14bde62280862ba894bc76.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

thebigo

Not Wildcat????????? !!!!!!!! I am starting to feel so illness coming on !!

Wildcat is the jackpot zone, saw an overnight euro map with a 48'' planted firmly at the top of polecat. This is only one map, wind and ratios will be a huge factors but at this point I can see no better place to be.

cm0311

Wildcat is the jackpot zone, saw an overnight euro map with a 48'' planted firmly at the top of polecat. This is only one map, wind and ratios will be a huge factors but at this point I can see no better place to be.

So what source has this localized 48"? Most I have seen in 21" bands.

thebigo

So what source has this localized 48"? Most I have seen in 21" bands.

Check weather forum, cannot repost, on phone desperately trying to keep baby asleep.

No chance wildcat actually gets four ft, point is likely jackpot zone.

cm0311

Starting to look like the spring passes are not a bad value looking ahead!

slatham

Be careful using Kuchera ratio's. That said this storm definitely has the potential for someone to get 3', maybe more........

darent

hoping some snow blows Maine's way and Wildcat doesn't hog it all, will be in SR and SL that weekend and the next week

sankaty

Latest 0z Euro is insane, reversing it's easterly trend from this afternoon. Now shows huge snows for the mid atlantic, most of PA and NY, and all of New England except for the Cape and Islands. All NE ski areas get 12" plus, with most in the 1 to 2 foot range. Even Lake Placid gets 12" plus. As modeled, would be one for the record books with the areal coverage of the foot plus snows.

Pretty uniform 1.4-1.9" liquid equivalent for virtually all of New England.

Here's hoping.

Last edited:

SkiFanE

And I just happened to have next TH and FR off :). Wasn't really for skiing but but can change plans. Yahooo

sankaty

12Z euro very similar to last nights run. Still shows 1-2 feet region wide. GFS is further east with most of VT seeing less than 10", but it doesn't have much support from other models at this point.