• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

SkiFanE

Thank goodness for well timed teacher day at school tomorrow that I took off - I'm at SR for rare Friday ski day. I think about 18" here. Flatlands was messy - we made out okay but power went out at 4pm today - left rest of fam in dark to come here - feel somewhat guilty lol. Was sooo giddy all day long. And I have new skis - only 2 days on them and first time in pow tomorrow (Volkl Kenja).

Be safe everyone!

Glenn

I don't mean to sound greedy, but I hope this next one delivers too. Some models have it out to sea...But it's still a few days out.

Kleetus

I don't mean to sound greedy, but I hope this next one delivers too. Some models have it out to sea...But it's still a few days out.

Yeah me too.

Although it's a looong way out, not liking the runs for next weekend. Not going to say why...but everyone here can probably guess...Hitting S VT. this weekend, and was going to try and hit N. VT next. Hopefully long range for next weekend changes...

Smellytele

Yeah me too.

Although it's a looong way out, not liking the runs for next weekend. Not going to say why...but everyone here can probably guess...Hitting S VT. this weekend, and was going to try and hit N. VT next. Hopefully long range for next weekend changes...

N VT Does looks better than So VT next weekend

Jcb890

Just came back to report that yesterday at Mt. Snow was an all-timer.

To the douche complaining about the lack of steepness, flat spots certainly were an issue... but that tends to happen when you get 33" overnight and through the day.

sankaty

To the douche complaining about the lack of steepness, flat spots certainly were an issue... but that tends to happen when you get 33" overnight and through the day.

Such a great day! North Face woods were sublime.

Our mantra "Untracked powder in plain sight is a trap" was especially true yesterday. the left side of the trail below was unskiable. We should have this problem more often!

20180308_120418.jpg

drjeff

Our mantra "Untracked powder in plain sight is a trap" was especially true yesterday. the left side of the trail below was unskiable. We should have this problem more often!

View attachment 23467

South Bowl there.... And that one even has some moderate pitches to it.... Would of hated to have been off a previously tracked area down low in your picture by the race finish house!!!!

Smellytele

touche.
Signed the Douche.
Although I have been there on just 10" days and it stops you dead on some of the front face trails. I like the North face trails.

Jcb890

View attachment 23467
Yeah, the North Face was fantastic yesterday. Olympic was probably my favorite trail of the day. Ripcord was really good too when we hit it a bit before noon. It was pretty funny having to follow some tightly tracked areas and made for some pretty spectacular crashes. People seemed to stop at the worst spots though. If you're on skis and sitting there stopped, don't sit in the only tracked-out line, move over... you're stopped! Snowboarders didn't tend to do that so much, but there were some who fell in bad spots and who were strapping themselves in at bad spots similar to the skiers.

South Bowl there.... And that one even has some moderate pitches to it.... Would of hated to have been off a previously tracked area down low in your picture by the race finish house!!!!
I was thinking that was the lower section of Ridge... that was a huge PITA yesterday... people didn't even attempt to get up the flatter spot and instead made a path through the woods, but that path through the woods was awful, haha.

touche.
Signed the Douche.
Although I have been there on just 10" days and it stops you dead on some of the front face trails. I like the North face trails.
I wasn't thinking of you with that comment at all, so my apologies on that. This is the guy I was speaking about:
To bad it’s flat at Mt Blow Me to enjoy the snow
I value your opinions and have no issues if people don't like a mountain for one reason or another. But, that guy never seems to contribute anything.

Smellytele

Yeah, the North Face was fantastic yesterday. Olympic was probably my favorite trail of the day. Ripcord was really good too when we hit it a bit before noon. It was pretty funny having to follow some tightly tracked areas and made for some pretty spectacular crashes. People seemed to stop at the worst spots though. If you're on skis and sitting there stopped, don't sit in the only tracked-out line, move over... you're stopped! Snowboarders didn't tend to do that so much, but there were some who fell in bad spots and who were strapping themselves in at bad spots similar to the skiers.

I was thinking that was the lower section of Ridge... that was a huge PITA yesterday... people didn't even attempt to get up the flatter spot and instead made a path through the woods, but that path through the woods was awful, haha.

I wasn't thinking of you with that comment at all, so my apologies on that. This is the guy I was speaking about:

I value your opinions and have no issues if people don't like a mountain for one reason or another. But, that guy never seems to contribute anything.

Ahh yes - no issue actually even if it was me. The snow looks awesome and I am glad I can be jealous now that I have only been skiing in 15 inches of powder.

Jcb890

Ahh yes - no issue actually even if it was me. The snow looks awesome and I am glad I can be jealous now that I have only been skiing in 15 inches of powder.
Just think for a second how ridiculous that statement sounds for 99.99% of the ski days we have. HAHA!

BenedictGomez

I need to move to one of those towns/places where if you get 15" of snow going into work is optional that day.

BenedictGomez

Radar has looked blotchy like this with snow all day, I bet Whiteface & Gore have picked up several inches today.

radarrrrrr.JPG