• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Thread

ghughes20

Good day. They got a surprise 4" today during on and off (mostly on) squalls. No crowds after 11:30. Perfect day for a Holiday Weekend.

A few year ago during Covid, Mulligan's started "The Drift", an outside Apres-Ski with DJ. Always packed.
IMG_2907.jpegIMG_2905.jpegIMG_2906.jpeg

Mailman

I know, crazy, right. I think the snow turned people off or they stayed in Mass? Who knows. All lifts were running and no lines!!!
It wasn’t quite that on Mlk weekend, but not too far off. The blackout on the ikon base pass makes a difference.

slatham

Why aren’t you skiing? “It’s too snowy out” LOL.

Definitely thinking the black out is a major factor. Heard last Saturday and the one before were 10,000 people and a zoo. Interesting to hear what they did today.

The Sneak

I was there Friday. Super windy. But, Ursa ran all day so Amex to Ursa was the move. Sun Bowl was great first thing but low tide and sketchy cut up pow over dirt, rocks, grass n ice later on. Great wind blown pow all over the place on trail margins.

I have to say, the "ski milf" scene at Stratton is consistently on point.

ghughes20

Why aren’t you skiing? “It’s too snowy out” LOL.

Definitely thinking the black out is a major factor. Heard last Saturday and the one before were 10,000 people and a zoo. Interesting to hear what they did today.
The Blackout must be having a big impact. Again. Not that crowded today. More than yesterday, but I’d say less than a typical weekend when the conditions are good. This is Supertrail. Not too crowded, and not too groomed!!! IMG_2908.jpeg

kevinm55

It’s y u don’t want to do Tremblant black out weekends
At Tremblant today - fantastic conditions. Yes, some families from NY, NJ, CT and MA but def have seen it way more crowded after Xmas…longest lift mine today was approx 10 mins

x10003q

The Blackout must be having a big impact. Again. Not that crowded today. More than yesterday, but I’d say less than a typical weekend when the conditions are good. This is Supertrail. Not too crowded, and not too groomed!!! View attachment 61188
For the last few years, Stratton has only made snow and groomed the lookers left of the Supertrail while letting the lookers right side get some bumps. If there is enough natural base, they will groom the lookers right of the Supertrail.

ColdRain&Snow

Did a 9-3 today. Not a lot of people for a holiday week. Only real line was at the gondola, probably not long but when it’s so nice why wait. Crunchy early around the snowbowl but it eventually softened.

IMG_4330.jpeg

ColdRain&Snow

Wrapped up today, did 8:30-3. It got cloudy and warmer. Conditions deteriorated a bit versus tues/weds, and it was another short/no line day everywhere except the gondola.

IMG_4334.jpeg

ColdRain&Snow

I’ve mention this earlier, but the new learning area doesn’t seem like a very safe area for beginners. The no poling route from ursa to the main base takes you through that area. It wasn’t very busy this week and the combination of people/kids between the carpets and skiers moving through was a mess every time I was there. I don’t think I’d feel comfortable standing there with a child for any length of time.

IMG_0232.jpegIMG_0231.jpegIMG_0234.jpegIMG_0233.jpeg