• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Thread

Mailman

Total bullshit again with the forecast. Posting the snow graphic for Sunday is deliberate Bullshit. no forecast that I have seen says it’s supposed to snow Sunday.

This is a base area forecast by the way.

View attachment 61804
OpenSnow shows basically the same forecast for Sunday. A mix of snow and rain. OpenSnow is also showing 3” at the summit for Sunday, which would be amazing!

There’s plenty of stuff to complain about at Stratton, but this seems like it should be pretty far down the list. Stratton’s website forecast says “snow, rain and wind”, which is the same forecast that the premier consumer snow forecasting app gives. The graphic shows snow, which it always will if snow is an element of the forecast - it seems a bit much to expect the resort to choose the least favorable element of the forecast and show a graphic for that instead, especially when there’s a written description of the forecast directly below the graphic. Or maybe there’s a massive contingent of illiterate skiers at Stratton and there’s someone in marketing executing on the master plan to fool them
Into thinking it’s going to be prime conditions on Sunday, knowing they can have the written forecast right below the graphic and those fools will never even know it was there!

IMG_2904.png

slatham

I am a complete weather geek and just looked at the models and what Stratton posted for tomorrow is spot on. Rain and snow depending upon time of day and elevation. I wouldn’t be surprised for an inch or so on upper section of hill.

ColdRain&Snow

I’m planning a day trip Thursday or Sunday, probably Sunday to get the better half out for her day 10. Likely her last day, we’re gonna try to ski at sugarbush during the eclipse but that’s not a sure thing. I should hit 25 this season.

ghughes20

7” so far this week at Stratton (according to them). With more expected on Saturday. Also, they promise to turn the guns on tomorrow. Looks like a good weekend coming up.

slatham

7” so far this week at Stratton (according to them). With more expected on Saturday. Also, they promise to turn the guns on tomorrow. Looks like a good weekend coming up.
That’s an accurate number as of this morning but increasing as there is an advisory out for 3-6” tonight. Guns were on last night (at Bromley too). Friday night and Saturday holds some promise too but mix line is soooooo close and uncertain.

Zermatt

Hey there is that weird structure you were asking about :ROFLMAO:🤪
Obviously a bar (in this case it's meant to look like a sugar house), my point was that they literally never use them. Somebody went to Colorado once and noticed how warm and sunny it is all the time and that people like to eat outside so why not bring that to Vermont....maybe because it's cloudy most of the winter and the clear days tend be freezing cold and windy.

jimmywilson69

yeah I think it depends. I was at Killington 6 days this winter and each time there were plenty of people on the new K1 Deck. 3 of the days were really sunny and it was packed. the other days people were utilizing the fire pits. So perhaps Stratton needs to up their game with some fire pits LOL.

drjeff

Obviously a bar (in this case it's meant to look like a sugar house), my point was that they literally never use them. Somebody went to Colorado once and noticed how warm and sunny it is all the time and that people like to eat outside so why not bring that to Vermont....maybe because it's cloudy most of the winter and the clear days tend be freezing cold and windy.
I have spent many days over the years on that deck at the mid mountain lodge due to kids racing on Frank's Falline. Might only be 1 or 2 of those days when I would of wanted to willingly be out on that deck due to weather conditions! :ROFLMAO:

ghughes20

Started snowing at the base about 20 minutes ago. Tomorrow should be fun. Hopefully no liquid snow mixing in.

Mailman

Started snowing at the base about 20 minutes ago. Tomorrow should be fun. Hopefully no liquid snow mixing in.
OpenSnow has the snow level maxing out at 1500 feet and that’s after the lifts close tmrw. Hopefully that holds up and it’s all snow.

They’re now also projecting 24”! Should be an incredible day!

ghughes20

Probably 6” so far. 22 degrees at the base and coming down steady. Plow just came thru the parking lot for the 2nd time.

image.jpg

ghughes20

would love first hand updates on potential mixing as the day and night go on! considering a day trip tmrw
IMG_2964.jpeg

Vail? Steamboat? Alta? No! Stratton, VT!!!

Still coming down hard. Probably over 8”. No mix precipitation so far.

The Gondola is running, but slowly. The other lifts are running normally. No lines.

No signs of grooming. Snowing too hard. Lots of tired legs here in Southern VT. Soft bumps everywhere.

ColdRain&Snow

View attachment 62027

Vail? Steamboat? Alta? No! Stratton, VT!!!

Still coming down hard. Probably over 8”. No mix precipitation so far.

The Gondola is running, but slowly. The other lifts are running normally. No lines.

No signs of grooming. Snowing too hard. Lots of tired legs here in Southern VT. Soft bumps everywhere.

Going tomorrow, got the better half stoked all week for her day ten tomorrow :)

If I kept my mouth shut I could’ve spent a few days there :confused:

Zermatt

What a day so far. 12pm and all snow still. Feels cold, had a few bouts of sleet, maybe for a few minutes but now ripping dendrites.

Mailman

Really good snow so far. On top of what fell and blew into the woods during the week, maybe the best morning of tree skiing I’ve ever had here. What a day!

ghughes20

Back for lunch. Check out the after pic. Still snowing hard. I haven’t noticed any sleet. Currently 26 degrees at the base. Easily over a foot.

image.jpg