• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe Thread

crippity

Dang, jealous again. I have luxury to pickem and these next few days is rare i dont. nice work and thanks for sharing.

hovercraft

I think you short changed Sugabush Hovercraft. They got 8 overnight. Skiing will not be bad. I guess you are not Scott Braaten. ;-)
Maybe I wasn’t far off, Stowe 15 in 48, SB 10. Plus we know Stowe under reports and SB over reports. You should visit the hood its in prime condition….

cdskier

Maybe I wasn’t far off, Stowe 15 in 48, SB 10. Plus we know Stowe under reports and SB over reports. You should visit the hood its in prime condition….

Since when does SB over-report? If anything they're been notorious for under-reporting over the years from my own experience.

hovercraft

Since when does SB over-report? If anything they're been notorious for under-reporting over the years from my own experience.
From my experience over the years they over report. Plus they obfuscate the conditions on their snow report.

cdskier

From my experience over the years they over report. Plus they obfuscate the conditions on their snow report.

As a passholder and regular for quite some time, I'll 100% disagree with the over-reporting part. Even just the storm a little over a week ago they reported over a half foot less than MRG did. (and I can personally say the numbers they reported for the first phase of that storm were under based on what was at my condo before I left when we had no power that day).

As for obfuscating the conditions...that's a different story. The snow reporters are terrible for sure with their verbiage, but that doesn't change the actual numbers they report.

hovercraft

I guess we will have to agree to disagree on the snow totals. Anyway it’s good out there hope you get a chance to get some! 😊

MidnightJester

Wow 2 days of wind lift holds at Stowe. Anyone have a level on the winds today to cause the holds? Was at Jay Peak today on my way to Stowe lol ;) and no hold there at all today.

Did the lifts ever come online from the wind holds?

Should be interesting camping in small suv through 12"-18" of Snow tonight and tomorrow near Stowe.

Last edited:

hovercraft

Wow 2 days of wind lift holds at Stowe. Anyone have a level on the winds today to cause the holds? Was at Jay Peak today on my way to Stowe lol ;) and no hold there at all today.

Did the lifts ever come online from the wind holds?

Should be interesting camping in small suv through 12"-18" of Snow tonight and tomorrow near Stowe.

hovercraft

Quad opened around 9:15 and the Gondi opened around 10:20. It was good up top……