• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mad River Glen - 3/7/2013

snowmonster

Date(s) Skied: 3/7/2013

Resort or Ski Area: Mad River Glen

Conditions: 30's at the summit, 40's at the base; No wind; Packed Powder; Good coverage

Trip Report: If you're thinking of skiing at Mad River Glen this season, do it now. The coverage is pretty good. Of course, there were rocks poking out and patches of ice/small waterfalls all over the place. But, this is MRG. You get those even in the best of years. Except for Competition Hill, all the trails were open.

I started on the Double and did a run on Gazelle. Unlike in Boston, it had not snowed in VT the night before so the bumps were packed but not iced over. I switched over to the Single and did a run down Chute. The upper part of Paradise was closed so I followed a path and entered somewhere in the middle. That was pretty sketchy. Followed that by a great run down the 20th Hole. Ironically, it was the only run I had the whole day where I was with more than 2 people in the woods.

After a quick break, I headed up the Single again and hit Catamont Glades, Fall Line and Antelope over and over. I made quick work by loading on mid-station. Because I'm a bad man, I hit the upper part of Paradise (lots of people were ducking) and finally skipped the ladies' tee over the waterfall. I was able to grab one of the last chairs and got a good workout going down Lynx/Beaver.

Excellent day at MRG! The sign on top of the Single said: we're back! Indeed, it is. Go! Go! Go!

Looking up Chute:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362776588.498804.jpg

To Liftline:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362776640.565264.jpg

Somewhere off the map:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362776713.100783.jpg

ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362776768.518828.jpgImageUploadedByAlpineZone1362776805.642260.jpg

Last edited:

Angus

Anyone have a report about condition of roxbury gap road? passable without ruining your suspension or better off going up to waterbury? thanks