• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched 12/16

Tin

Got there at about 12:30 pm so the 12" of snow was already turned into nice bumps everywhere. Only got two runs in from the top and then got stuck on The Rocket for 20 minutes and it was down until 3:15, and then down until close. Ready to name that lift the Curse of Ascutney. Ended up using the Valley Lift most of the day to access some trees. The West Lift side and Final Frontier area was almost untouched all day and there were 3' piles in some spots. Spent most of the day with the gf working on bumps and trees for our upcoming trips. Got to meet and get a run in with deadheadskier which was great, nice to finally meet someone from the forums. Can't wait until the Summit.

Besides the Rocket being down, we unfortunately got to see more than few people get taken down in baskets by ski patrol and the snow making pond is down to mud. Glad they got this storm and will be getting more this week because they truly have no water now.

Could find fresh tracks in most trees. Here are a couple shots from Kuiper. Pretty amazing for southern NH in mid-December...

Kuiper 1.jpgkuiper2.jpg

Last edited:

Tin

Not a clue, said they had to switch to aux to give it enough to unload it. It was for about 10 minutes later in the day and then shut down again. Running this morning though.

jack97

I just got back from skiing Crotched, rocket was running all day. First time out this season so I spent the morning exploring, the trails are still in great conditions, some powder stashes are still around. Best bump trail was still under the lift from the summit to the second crossover, Eclipse. The bumps formed in tight and round formation. Had to call it quits around 1:45, parts of my legs were starting to cramp up.

Might head back this thurs or friday since the forecast is freezing rain for the weekend. i want to get some while to going is good.