• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mountain Creek Utah ( NJ really but snow level was Utah high. Feb. 13 lucky day 2014

ScottySkis

So I wake up in morning knowing I have to take another personal day. buses are not going from where I live to NYC ,about 75 miles from work. I thought I hang around the house because I didn't want to drive in snow with defoster problems. Then at 9 am I realized I could drive to MC which I hadn't been to since I first lived several years ago. Yes I am closer to Bell or Catamont but I knew drive would be easier to MC. Glad to see lodge is a real building finally. My dAd had a town house here for few years so I know the hill well enough. To go the 45 miles only took an hour weather wasn't to bad yet which I figured would be the story. Parked car in lot 2 go to get discount card found out had to go to guess services for that which took longer then it should have. Got to hill at 1015 changed in nice locker room . Didn't pay for locker put shoes and back pack above locker which was fine on a Thursday. First time for mid week powder day for me here. Got skiing at around 11 am great snow everywhere snowing and sleet in afternoon conditions were epic. I never had so much fun here. Lots if locals no line wait time that is. Powder lines on Vernon and Granite were fun. Kind if winds were going I guess about 50 mph at worse. Did the stand up chair things few times wind knocked it out by 1 ish I mostly stayed in Right peak did zero 0 which was awesome got lots of track snow. Today reminded why is nice to have hills close by. Nice to ride 2 fast quad chairs on right peaks. Seems to be running better now then back in 2002 when I last had a discount card here. Left at 5 pm when all chairs stopped due to winds I guess. I could have night skiied if they stayed open but I was going home around 5 anyway because of 2 nd round of snow and sleet had started. Took almost 2 hours to get home in Accord non liking snow car. Took route 94 from Vernon NJ back to Goshen plows yesterday did great job keeping up. Snow tires are great but I understand why you need a truck when you live in the mountains high clearance. Pictures later best day ever at MC almost 2 feet of snow will do that pictures later.

Last edited:

ScottySkis

1780787_823351484347727_933985400_n.jpg

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
I had a pass to MC for 4 years, the last 3 they had the tents up and the first year with the building. The lodge is really nice, just seems to be a bit much for the area.

Did they let Devils Bit or Upper Eagle bump up? In the 4 years I was there, I only saw them let those trails go natty once. Pipeline can be really good, but it may be the most windblown trail I've seen on the East Coast, which is obviously saying something.

ScottySkis

I had a pass to MC for 4 years, the last 3 they had the tents up and the first year with the building. The lodge is really nice, just seems to be a bit much for the area.

Did they let Devils Bit or Upper Eagle bump up? In the 4 years I was there, I only saw them let those trails go natty once. Pipeline can be really good, but it may be the most windblown trail I've seen on the East Coast, which is obviously saying something.

My first time back since 2002 they had bumps yesterday but I would think they will groom them. Lodge and hotel is fancy but I hear that clients they say the new MC is going after.

Domeskier

My first time back since 2002 they had bumps yesterday but I would think they will groom them. Lodge and hotel is fancy but I hear that clients they say the new MC is going after.

I was there last weekend. They had let Upper and Lower Straightaway, half of Zero G and some trail on Granite Peak bump up. It was awesome.