• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Snow 12-19

drjeff

I skied. I got blasted by snowguns every run. My most important piece of equipment today was my ski-gee goggle scraper. I was Mount Snow's Facebook picture of the morning. I can cross "making 17 runs in 1 day on Long John" off my bucket list (it was the only top to bottom route today) - 27.1k vertical feet via just 1 trail - not a personal record I hope I will ever remotely have to beat!!

Attachments

• 1450554360173.jpg
    1450554360173.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Good day. 3 inches of natural was a surprise. I tried my new Iceleantic Keepe SKNY's and was happy before switching back to rock skis. Gulch had the best snow on the mountain. Hoping Cascade opens tomorrow!

drjeff

Good day. 3 inches of natural was a surprise. I tried my new Iceleantic Keepe SKNY's and was happy before switching back to rock skis. Gulch had the best snow on the mountain. Hoping Cascade opens tomorrow!

Fan guns on Cascade/Canyon still lit up like a Christmas Tree!! (Sent from the corner bar stool at the Station Taproom! :beer: )

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Another awesome day today! What a difference a night makes! Temps were prime for snowmaking Saturday night, and the Mount Snow crew made the most of it! What was dirt on Saturday had a solid base on Sunday. EVERY trail doubled in skiable width overnight! Gulch had the best surface for carving both days. Today I lapped Cascade/Canyon, eating up the soft bumps. Whale watching (and hucking :grin:) was going on Cascade. Long John had great snow. The HKD's were blowing wet Sunday afternoon but the SMI Polecats were still blowing out their typical product. When it's dry I prefer the snow of the HKD's. The Polecats create sleet, the HKD's make soft cream cheese.

My new Icelantic Keeper SKNY's performed great. They hold and edge and go through the chopped as advertised. Definitely like to go fast and sweep through turns rather than "cut" into them. Can't wait to let them rip on full-width trails when the time comes (when will that be? February?!?!?)

Days 1 and 2 in the books!

Happy trails!
DSCF5225.jpg

KustyTheKlown

My new Icelantic Keeper SKNY's performed great. They hold and edge and go through the chopped as advertised. Definitely like to go fast and sweep through turns rather than "cut" into them. Can't wait to let them rip on full-width trails when the time comes (when will that be? February?!?!?)

sounds a bit like my moment belafontes. 106 underfoot. super stiff and stable with a big turning radius. love to make giant arcing turns and excel at plowing thru choppy snow.