• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Quechee 1/17/2016

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
First trip report in a while so here we go! I have been waiting for better snow conditions, but finally decided to get a warm up day in at Quechee. I got a twilight pass (2-4pm) for $16 and hit the slopes!

They had two top to bottom runs open off their quad chairlift (Doppelmayr). They were getting a bit skied off on the steeper sections, especially the trail to the left. The t-bar was fun to do a couple of times (Poma). Overall, the mountain had a nice vibe. Lots of beginner skiers so you have to have patience with the lifts stopping a lot.

IMG_0006.jpg

Trail to the left:
IMG_0122.jpg

Trail to the right:
IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

podunk77

Thanks for the TR, Conrad! Nice to see Quechee get a little love on the board. One of my favorite inexpensive 2-day getaways is to hit Quechee on one of their $25 Fridays, then stay overnight and ski Dartmouth the next day. If you're a hockey fan, choose a weekend that Dartmouth hockey is in town and you get 2 days of skiing and 2 good college hockey games for the cost of one night's lodging. All monies saved get put toward the purchase of a slopeside retirement condo. :)

VTKilarney

Quechee is very good for what it is. It's one of the better places to learn to ski or to just work on your form. I have some fond memories of skiing there many years ago.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Thanks for the TR, Conrad! Nice to see Quechee get a little love on the board. One of my favorite inexpensive 2-day getaways is to hit Quechee on one of their $25 Fridays, then stay overnight and ski Dartmouth the next day. If you're a hockey fan, choose a weekend that Dartmouth hockey is in town and you get 2 days of skiing and 2 good college hockey games for the cost of one night's lodging. All monies saved get put toward the purchase of a slopeside retirement condo. :)

Yep. They also ran an insane pass deal recently.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone