• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Feb 8, 2012

4aprice

Day 3 of the Camelback Crew Vermont ski trip at Sugarbush. Definately more natural snow up here then in S Vermont. Started over on Gate House and North Lynx (I think that's what its called). After a groomer my buddy decided we should do some bumps to the skiers left of the chair. Slick and icy is not the way I like to start the day but fought through it. Then made our way over to Super Bravo Express and hit Spring Fling where they had the guns going and some nice soft moguls, much better. Off Heavens Gate we hit Jester, Ripcord (which had some decent bumps right under the lift) and Paradise which was better then expected with the exception of one spot. Did a couple more runs of Spring Fling then broke for lunch. My buddies wanted to hit Castlerock after lunch and I was a bit leary with my knee still giving me some pain but they talked me into it. It was much better then I expected. We did Castlerock run and Middle Earth. Like the sign says near the bottom of the lift there were plenty of rocks showing their heads but there was enough snow to get around them and I escaped with only 1 minor scratch to the bottoms of my ski's. It had been a while since I had skied Sugarbush and I really enjoyed it and want to get back when the snow is better. The views off the top today were fantastic from Mt Washington to Whiteface to Pico/Killington. Tomorrow we head back south to Killington.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ