• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush Mar 18-20, 2004

J

jlangdale

Sorry havn't been around this board much, I've been very busy. But what an awesome weekend. I had to share. I also made the Sugarbush home page riding in the woods!

John Egan in the woods on the Sugarbush homepage.

Yours truely.
031504_langdale01.jpg

031504_langdale02.jpg

I got an early start to it with no wind and huge flakes nearly suspended in the air. It felt like riding through innerspace or something.

Woods off Domino... Trey Magnifique. Big rocks, look out below.

Whoever keeps leaving that little side trail roped off near the bottom of lower Organgrinder, thank you.

Saturday morning I was invited to ride with a very cool bunch of people, Black Diamond Club with John Egan. Rode with them til about noon hitting Organgrinder and the woods above Downspout into the Gully. It was way too much fun trying to stay ahead of these people. Especially trying to stay ahead of John in the woods.

Went to North Saturday afternoon. Tons of people in Slide Brook. As if I didn't already have enough of a woods workout earlier, we hit Tumbler into the woods to Lower F.I.S. Some wind blown steeps with tree stubs sticking out up top, had to unstrap at one point. But it was hella fun.

Sunday started off with rain driving up to the mountain, turned into snow just barely. North had some very low vis and hail like precip. Sucked to see the GMX down. I guess only those running Slide Brook could hit the North Ridge or the Summit. Vis at panorama was nil.

Went back to south the snow picked up again pretty heavily. Concluded my weekend with deep fresh runs down Lower Organgrinder and Domino.

Sugarbush's secret is definately it's sweet woods and the way the ridge lines of South and Slide Brook form nice bowl areas.

I kinda wish I had hit Castlerock. But... you can only do so much.

Not a bad with to start end winter & start spring, eh? Stay cool.

Greg

Staff member
jlangdale said:
Sorry havn't been around this board much, I've been very busy.
Good to see you back, Jon. Great pics!