• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Night Skiing bumps at Nashoba Valley

jack97

Yep.... night skiing bumps at Nashoba Valley. Not bad, no wait and the bumps were slick but fun. Spent over 4 hours lapping the trail.

Bumps near the top
NV_2_17_13.jpg

mid section
NV_2_17_13_1.jpg

hammer

Hoping to get there this evening (live 20 min away)...not sure how I'll do in icy bumps but the runs are short, may be worth a try.

hammer

Was there for 1.5-2 hours last night. Only ventured into the bumps a little in an attempt to figure out how to ski them...best assessment I'd have is firm but edgeable. Rest of the trails were frozen granular/hardpack but little to no scrape. With all of the snow we received I was still surprised to see bare ground under a lift.

They do well with what they have...that said less than 250' of vertical gets old fast. Guess I can't complain, at least there's a place to go skiing within 30 minutes of home.

Last edited:

jack97

:)..... I would guess all bumps trails in this region are "firm but edgable". I was at the Crotch yesterday, all their bumps were in the same condition as Nashoba.

Having said that, the bumps got formed in a very nice formation, some areas has long flat icy spots between the bump. If the w/e storm hits SNH to MA, try them out, it should be a blast.

jack97

Sat 2/23, was lapping them from 5pm-9pm, mild day temps soften them up, they put two gates up in a small side section where run off formed to ice. Winter storm Q put a nice coating on. If the temps hover around freezing this week, it should still stay soft.

jack97

Do they seed bumps there?

No seeding, bumps are formed by skiers and riders. Early season, they make snow and groom it, when the place gets a good mid season dump, they let one run form up.