• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR Plattekill 2/23

Cornhead

That confirms it, it WAS you I saw!

View attachment 7884
Yep, you can dress him up in red pants, but... Great two days at Platty, think we're taking our act to Gore Sunday, wanna go Rambo? I've got a rain check from Whiteface from last season, should be good at Gore, I'd think. I also have a Warren Miller BOGO, so if you want to go, we could use the BOGO, and I can hit Gore and WF in the Spring. PM me, or give me a call if you're interested. I think Scotty is going to drive to Albany, and leave his beloved Honda there.

ScottySkis

Yep, you can dress him up in red pants, but... Great two days at Platty, think we're taking our act to Gore Sunday, wanna go Rambo? I've got a rain check from Whiteface from last season, should be good at Gore, I'd think. I also have a Warren Miller BOGO, so if you want to go, we could use the BOGO, and I can hit Gore and WF in the Spring. PM me, or give me a call if you're interested. I think Scotty is going to drive to Albany, and leave his beloved Honda there.
Up, will be great after it snowed their this week!:):):)

Rambo

Up, will be great after it snowed their this week!:):):)

Good luck guys with your Gore trip on Sunday. I'm just gonna hit Greek with my seasons pass on Sun. Will be ski day #17 for me. Might go to Platty on Sat. March 23rd for the passholders day from other ski areas... noticed you guys will be at Sugarbush then.

MarkC

Platty was off the charts today. Easily the best day of the season. They got about 8" of heavy wet base making snow that packed down nicely. Everything is in play. 100% open MTB trails, trees are on right now. Come and get it.

ScottySkis

Platty was off the charts today. Easily the best day of the season. They got about 8" of heavy wet base making snow that packed down nicely. Everything is in play. 100% open MTB trails, trees are on right now. Come and get it.

Sounds perfect, Benny288 you hear this,.have fun up their, man I wish I could go, have fun Markc maybe hook up with zbenn288 he wants to ski the glades tomorrow and has never been to our great hill. Markc one day I hope to ski with you have fun times.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):):cool::cool::cool::)

Bene288

Sounds perfect, Benny288 you hear this,.have fun up their, man I wish I could go, have fun Markc maybe hook up with zbenn288 he wants to ski the glades tomorrow and has never been to our great hill. Markc one day I hope to ski with you have fun times.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::):):cool::cool::cool::)

That's what I like to hear! Sunday should be fun. Anyone have any experience with the Margaretville motel? My uncle needs a place to stay near Platty tomorrow night.

ScottySkis

That's what I like to hear! Sunday should be fun. Anyone have any experience with the Margaretville motel? My uncle needs a place to stay near Platty tomorrow night.

I stayed in Onetta 40 miles away st supper8 hotel for 50. A night.

Bene288

He usually stays in Kingston when we go to Belleayre, but wanted to find something closer.

Bene288

Yeah, nothing that looks too appealing. I'll convince him to just stay in Kingston I think. Probably like an hour to Plattekill from Kingston?

baykon

Wife mentioned a place Graham and Co in Phoenicia...was on the today show y'day. Looks pretty hipster but 99 night compares reasonably w some of the Kingston options at least. Not sure on availability this wknd.

ScottySkis

Yeah, nothing that looks too appealing. I'll convince him to just stay in Kingston I think. Probably like an hour to Plattekill from Kingston?

In good conditions maybe 5o minutes, have fun their, I have a feeling you be back.

Shredder of Gnar

Mark, are there any *real* bump lines or mostly flat with some random snow piles (which aren't really moguls)?

Cornhead

Lol, Scotty you're the first person I've seen quote themselves in a post. I stayed in Margaretville once, there's a motel across the bridge leaving town, turn left, it's on the right a short distance down whatever route that is. I think I payed right around $60. Someone at the hill recommended the T-bar, but it didn't look to promising.

Shredder, you bump snob :wink:, just kidding, how've the bumps been at Huntah this year? Maybe I'll see you this Spring somewhere. Tmcc71 and I have a two year tradition of skiing Jay on their last day. I know the conditions weren't tempting for you last year, but if they are this, maybe I can pick you up in Albany and we could share expenses. Spring bump season is right around the corner, hopefully Ullr still has work to do. :smile:

Shredder of Gnar

Shredder, you bump snob :wink:, just kidding, how've the bumps been at Huntah this year? Maybe I'll see you this Spring somewhere. Tmcc71 and I have a two year tradition of skiing Jay on their last day. I know the conditions weren't tempting for you last year, but if they are this, maybe I can pick you up in Albany and we could share expenses. Spring bump season is right around the corner, hopefully Ullr still has work to do. :smile:

Yo Corn! Love the new pic, but that guy has a lot more hair than you - maybe the corn works like Rogaine!? :) Bumps at Huntah (midweek) and Belleayre (mostly Sundays, but went today) have been decent - def hope we can hook up soemtime this spring - hope Gore is good for u 2tomorrow - that was my home mtn in high school! Honed my bump skills as a youngster on on Hawkeye and Chatiemac... thinking of Platty 2morrow but no high hopes for Mark to reply or if he does that he'll say anything that would entice a bump snob :)

Cornhead

I'll be passing through Albany around 7, Scotty's going to meet me there, you're welcome to join us if you like. I was planning on using my Whiteface rain check, but I do have a BOGO we could split, Scotty's got a Pricechopper voucher.

Yeah, I just Googled "cornhead", and this came up, I think Nebraska football fans wear them, similar to Green Bay's "cheese heads". Your just jealous because I put my Son through college on what I've saved on haircuts, shampoo, and conditioner. :wink:

I can remember being at the YMCA wih my boy when he was little, I needed to comb his hair, shockingly I didn't have a comb on me. I asked the person at the counter if they still sold combs, they gave me a puzzled look, I felt like telling them my pubes were getting a little unruly. :smile:

Last edited: