21 and Older Pubs at Ski Areas During the Day? - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dlague View Post
    fair enough - some parents do not tolerate their kids being exposed to language and bad behavior, then again I know of several adults that do not appreciate it as well.

I get the escaping children concept and at resorts with multiple options that makes sense. Hell, even I want to get away from my own kids sometimes. Ski areas are odd places where many different groupings come together on common ground so most everything is a hybrid of adult groups, teenage groups, families, couples and individuals all over the resort. Just not sure how many places actually offer "during ski day" 21+ locations. Most resort offer a hybrid offering. Cannonball Pub was the first experience where I have ever encountered a 21+ situation at a ski area and it caught me off guard because it is the only sit down, wait served restaurant.
    Personally...the only places I've seen that limit to 21+ during daylight hours are usually hovels with a tiny dark window and in a bad part of town...so I guess I think it's weird someone would want to have a 21+ experience during daylight hours, at a recreational venue. To each his own, but seems odd that it'd be an 'attraction'. After 4-5:00 seems fine to me. But I aslo can't get why anyone would want wait service at a ski area at 2pm either - I'm a skier, not a diner Wait service at ski areas is always soooooooo effing slow and I'm always antsy to ski.

I like a beer at lunch, but I have kids. The two are not exclusive. Luckily we can enjoy kids and beer at same time. Since one of my "kids" will be 19 soon, I don't think of her as a kid...just not able to legally drink. But yet she would be relegated to the kiddy room... I'm not arguing...but I just don't get the desire to be ensconced in an adult drinking environment in the middle of a ski day...myself - I'd rather take a can of beer up a lift and enjoy my peace that way.

Is this really important?

I think I'd rather drink with the kids than beat this dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by VTKilarney View Post
    So sensitive! A simple "I don't know if it was legal, but I know lots of places did it" would have avoided this.
    Ummmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I
    Maybe laws have changed, maybe laws were broken, but this is fairly common practice.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Not sure about NH - but in some states there are liquor laws where you can't bring outside booze into a venue where its sold - can potentially create issues with their overall liquor license
    My buddy is the F&B Manager at a NH ski mtn. When he took over, the kiquor license was written in his name, so he is responsible for all alcohol on property.
    He got into some problems with the ski patrol. At the end of the day many of them would drink quite heavy in their locker room. He needed this to stop, because if one of them drove home drunk and hurt someone he could be held liable for "allowing" it.
    The patrollers were not happy because "they were always allowed in the past".
    104(12/13)
    (13/14)
    48(14/15)
    35(15/16)
    50(16/17)
    Rossi Soul 7 w/ Marker F12 (188 ) FOR SALE!
    Stockli Stormrider w/ Look PX 12 (177)

I drink plenty at other times, but I just don't find it appealing during my ski day. On a rare occasion I'll have one beer if it's an extended lunch break and lazy ski day with others, but I can take it or leave it for sure even then. Most days I'm out there getting dehydrated and concentrating, it's a terrible time for alcohol.

"man you make it look so fluid"

Telling patrollers not to drink apres. Yeah your buddy doesn't know how things operate round these parts. They already get paid shit, I think they can have a beer off the clock.

Also, for Cannon specifically, they have limited space and its pretty notorious for families with kids to just post up all day and order just a plate of fries.

For folks like me who want to have some brews after skiing till mid afternoon, I prefer not stepping over kids and families ski bags if not needed.
    Live Free or Die
    137 days 08-09
    16 days 09-10

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Ummmmmm......
    Shit! Now I'm the douche-bag! Damn you and your quote button!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiFanE View Post
    Personally...the only places I've seen that limit to 21+ during daylight hours are usually hovels with a tiny dark window and in a bad part of town...so I guess I think it's weird someone would want to have a 21+ experience during daylight hours, at a recreational venue. To each his own, but seems odd that it'd be an 'attraction'. After 4-5:00 seems fine to me. But I aslo can't get why anyone would want wait service at a ski area at 2pm either - I'm a skier, not a diner Wait service at ski areas is always soooooooo effing slow and I'm always antsy to ski.

I like a beer at lunch, but I have kids. The two are not exclusive. Luckily we can enjoy kids and beer at same time. Since one of my "kids" will be 19 soon, I don't think of her as a kid...just not able to legally drink. But yet she would be relegated to the kiddy room... I'm not arguing...but I just don't get the desire to be ensconced in an adult drinking environment in the middle of a ski day...myself - I'd rather take a can of beer up a lift and enjoy my peace that way.
    I like the beer on the lift idea - obviously others do too based on the can spottings that are clearly visible in the spring with PBR generally leading the count.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JimG. View Post
    Is this really important?

I think I'd rather drink with the kids than beat this dead horse.
    You are a moderator - does it really matter? No fights in this thread, just pure discussion.
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I don't mind kids in the bar. As long as they buy the first round.

Thread Information