Need VT skiing advice - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Of course if the forecast ends up being snow in n vt, you should be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sullivan County up on the Walnuts mtn 2000 high elevation
    Gore glades are new and very steep.

Quote Originally Posted by mccleaks View Post
    I like the sound of this. I have enough Marriott rewards points to stay there for free.
    Check the categories. One is lower, so less points. I've only stayed at the Fairfield for work. It's kind of crappy as far as Fairfields go, but an easy walk to a beer bar.

I've only gotten in on the Rewards program this year, but plan on using it for VT trips next winter. Wish the Residence inn in N Conway wasn't a category 6.

Smuggs and Bolton Valley or MRG

Middlebury will be closed by then.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

I really liked Burke and would not want to miss MRG , they all will need above freezing temps or snow to be great, I also wanted to do BV put am running out of time. Wife pressure is being turned up for house projects and northern Vt is a very long day trip

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    Good choice, but I'd lodge in Williston at the Residence inn or Fairfield. Easier commute to Smuggs.
    True, however if staying in Waterbury, there are some fantastic restaurants/pubs all within 1 block of each other: The Reservoir, Blackback Pub, Bluestone and Prohibition Pig.
    Sugarbush skier since 1985.........Think Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad J View Post
    Wife pressure is being turned up for house projects
    You aren't alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkSnow View Post
    True, however if staying in Waterbury, there are some fantastic restaurants/pubs all within 1 block of each other: The Reservoir, Blackback Pub, Bluestone and Prohibition Pig.
    I'm aware. I lived in Stowe and Burlington for a long time and visit the area often.

Still a pain in the ass to get to Smuggs from Waterbury.

And Williston is right next to Burlington if restaurants are important to the OP. There's a decent bar walking distance from the hotels I recommended as well.

Quote Originally Posted by deadheadskier View Post
    I'm aware. I lived in Stowe and Burlington for a long time and visit the area often.

Still a pain in the ass to get to Smuggs from Waterbury.

And Williston is right next to Burlington if restaurants are important to the OP. There's a decent bar walking distance from the hotels I recommended as well.
    Looking like I'm gonna go with one of the hotels in Williston as I have some options there with my Marriott points. Also of note for anyone that happens to be reading this with similar plans, Bolton Valley is offering rooms in the Hotel at their base area for $87/night.
    http://irm.boltonvalley.com/irmnet/%...205.1427292451

Pretty sure I stayed in that hotel at the base back in like 1997 when we went up for a school ski trip

Thread Information