• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter's Wayout to become an Intermediate Trail

Scruffy

I wouldn't exactly classify Hunter or Windham as difficult.

Nothing in North America is difficult, don't be daft. You want difficult, go to France. Lower K27 delivers 44.5* of icy moguls adrenaline rush, it's as good as it get in the NE lift served. Oh, but then you probably only skied the Belt the one time you were there, so...

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
Nothing in North America is difficult, don't be daft. You want difficult, go to France. Lower K27 delivers 44.5* of icy moguls adrenaline rush, it's as good as it get in the NE lift served. Oh, but then you probably only skied the Belt the one time you were there, so...

You sound like the rich bad guy wearing the super expensive ski suit in every 1980s ski movie LOL 😅😜😆😛

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone, I blame auto correct ;-)

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com

http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYXAtaGRychULEghTYXZlZE1hcBiAgIDgu4D2CAw

It' seen a while but I remember this to be steepest section of Hunter, Difficult is in the eyes of the beholder .
95% of the people on this forum probably can handle everything lift served. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered difficult. Add ice and intermediate slope can be difficult.

I popped my left hand UCL on the bottom section of the West side years ago , planted a pole and wasn't able to pull it out , Crappy grip had a cap on top. It slid into my stomach and I did a flip and heard a pop. Bad pole design that trapped my thumb in the pole. It was an icy section that I was planning on straight lining after one last turn .

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
http://www.hillmap.com/m/ag1zfmhpbGxtYXAtaGRychULEghTYXZlZE1hcBiAgIDgu4D2CAw

It' seen a while but I remember this to be steepest section of Hunter, Difficult is in the eyes of the beholder .
95% of the people on this forum probably can handle everything lift served. That doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered difficult. Add ice and intermediate slope can be difficult.

I popped my left hand UCL on the bottom section of the West side years ago , planted a pole and wasn't able to pull it out , Crappy grip had a cap on top. It slid into my stomach and I did a flip and heard a pop. Bad pole design that trapped my thumb in the pole. It was an icy section that I was planning on straight lining after one last turn .

Wow, I had stopped even attaching the strap because I had so many poles wrap around trees over the years. Good lesson for all of us, hope you are all good now.

BenedictGomez

You sound like the rich bad guy wearing the super expensive ski suit in every 1980s ski movie LOL

Or an upset teenager that skies there 95% of the time. But I agree, there was a bit of James Bottomtooth in it.

latest

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, I had stopped even attaching the strap because I had so many poles wrap around trees over the years. Good lesson for all of us, hope you are all good now.

All healed up ,Happens St Patricks day 94 , kept dropping my pole ,though it was a bad sprain , went to ER following evening , orthopedic doct happened to be on . First words were when to want to have surgery . (&@":)/;;!

They pop in the middle or pull a pice of bone . Mine piped in the middle so I didn't have to deal with a wire sticking out of my thumb for weeks.

I went back to using my old Scott breakaway grips from 1984 , keep moving them to new poles , I thought I was the only one that was doing this but when I skied with my cousin one day I looked over and laughed.
He's been doing the same thing .

manhattanskier

Website
www.patriotbrass.org
All healed up ,Happens St Patricks day 94 , kept dropping my pole ,though it was a bad sprain , went to ER following evening , orthopedic doct happened to be on . First words were when to want to have surgery . (&@":)/;;!

They pop in the middle or pull a pice of bone . Mine piped in the middle so I didn't have to deal with a wire sticking out of my thumb for weeks.

I went back to using my old Scott breakaway grips from 1984 , keep moving them to new poles , I thought I was the only one that was doing this but when I skied with my cousin one day I looked over and laughed.
He's been doing the same thing .

Glad you are back, many of us are learning that simpler is better with these poles, if we have to hike up once in awhile to get a pole we lost...so be it.

Scruffy

Or an upset teenager that skies there 95% of the time. But I agree, there was a bit of James Bottomtooth in it.
QUOTE]

Not even close to 95%, but I'd be proud to say I did, if it were so, it's a good mountain. For the NE, I spend most of my time in VT, ME and the other ski areas of NY, WF, Gore, Platty.