• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ragged clearing a few trees and adding another glade.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You've mentioned a desire to skin a fair bit this winter. A little Pinnacle reconnaissance would be welcome! :daffy:

canobie#1

Pictures would be great. I really hope for the best with Ragged. But I also hope that they don't sell out like some other ski resorts in New England.....

yeggous

Midweek storm days must have been soooooo sweet last season.

They were. I hit about a 15" midweek powder day there last season. It was the best use of vacation time you can imagine. They do have some excellent glades.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

thebigo

Have you hiked the SRKG over ragged in the past?

I hiked it in May, parked one car on New Canada and the other at Proctor Academy. Difficult hike for southern NH, rivals several of the four thousand footers. Follow the trail closely if hiking up from New Canada, the trial is poorly marked and cuts to the right just before the clear cut. Bring plenty of water, we ended up giving half our water to the dogs, typically they drink from streams but there was nothing.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Thanks for the intel bigo. Doesn't look good for this weekend though. I asked my friend about hiking that trail and at first seemed enthusiastic at first. Then I mentioned that it's only 6 miles. He says "I don't wanna hike 6 miles!" So I said half of it's down hill... He was not impressed. Still plan to do it sometime before daylight savings ends.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Welp, we didn't make it over to Pinnacle and only did a quick hike up the front side (Wild Whatever) and down through the ravine. Once we were there it looked pretty rough going up Pinnacle - no bush hogging on the lower slopes. We met some guys coming down Bluebarry that had come from Pinnacle and said there was a lot of clearing going on. So I'll have to get over there some time before the snow flies. Definitely take a skin over there but not until the snow really fills in - so we're talking not until possibly February.

Some photos:

Bad Drainage on Wild Sumthin.
P9204688 by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

What's left of the Raggamuffins Lodge. Usually this is covered by snow so you don't see it. Kind of surprised this mess has never been cleaned up but "out of sight - out of mind" must be the thinking here.
P9204690 by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

New Glade in between Karen's Dream and Sweepstakes which feeds into Karen's and Pels Pass
P9204694 by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

Pels Pass
P9204697 by Bob Misuraca, on Flickr

Last edited:

becca m

abubob - terrific pics!!!! I am looking forward to the new glade this winter- it looks great!!!! (remember me from the post-season Ragged? Kept running into you!)

--becca