• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

cdskier

There's some very creative/innovative pass options in there.

slatham

I want Plattekill/Hickory on that team so bad- it would be a perfect fit!

Saddleback too if they ever get the coop going. We could call it the "Retro Pass": Platty, Hickory, Magic, Whaleback, Saddleback.

Los

From what I saw on Facebook the guy( new owner ) from Tenney "liked" the Magic news. There's a good team, Magic-Tenney.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Magic-Tenney-Whaleback seems like the perfect combo.

That Vermonter parent/child deal is sick. If you're a Vermonter that is! C'mon magic - share the love with yer NH brethren!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Smellytele

Magic-Tenney-Whaleback seems like the perfect combo.

That Vermonter parent/child deal is sick. If you're a Vermonter that is! C'mon magic - share the love with yer NH brethren!!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

I was hoping for that as well...

slatham

I was hoping for that as well...

You guys do realize they need to make some money right? I think the Vermonter deal is a great idea to get more of the local community involved with Magic at a great price point. But that local community is not in NH or NY or MA. And there are great deals for everyone else anyhow!

Smellytele

You guys do realize they need to make some money right? I think the Vermonter deal is a great idea to get more of the local community involved with Magic at a great price point. But that local community is not in NH or NY or MA. And there are great deals for everyone else anyhow!

No really? I thought everyone should make sure I am the benefactor of all deals.

To be honest though they did have this deal below so it really wasn't that far fetched.

Vermonter/NH Days (Fridays and Sundays) For Vermont and New Hampshire, full-time residents, all non-holiday Sunday full-day tickets are at weekday rates (ex: $49 for adults). All Fridays (non-holiday) full day tickets are at half-day rates (ex: $39 for adults)! Must have valid Vermont/NH driver's license or for those under 18, local school ID at the ticket booth.

bdfreetuna

I'm aiming for between 2 and 4 days at Magic this season depending how good the snow is in Southern VT. Not enough to pull the trigger on any kind of pass. I'll probably end up getting a bit of a discount thru Mountain Sports Club.

Do Work

I'm aiming for between 2 and 4 days at Magic this season depending how good the snow is in Southern VT. Not enough to pull the trigger on any kind of pass. I'll probably end up getting a bit of a discount thru Mountain Sports Club.

Florence! Nice area! Just out of curiosity, what would be "enough" in your eyes to get you to pull the trigger on a pass?

bdfreetuna

I'm not really big into skiing at any one place too many times in a season. Have never bought a pass for any mountain. I tend to look for the deals which allow me to ski all over especially in VT. I have about 25 days in an average season to ski.

The most attractive offers to me which would get me to ski a mountain more than it's usual share are good deals on 4-packs or other similar ticket bundles. Or if I see you at the Boston Ski Show and you have some kind of special going on along those lines.

For me I would probably only buy a season's pass if I knew it would come out to under $30 each day of skiing, as a maximum.

But part of the fun of skiing for me is going to all different places each season so I'm probably not the target audience for your *very good* season's pass deals.

cdskier

My Cannon pass cost $599 this year.30 days is $20/day.But thats not Vermont.

My Early 30s Sugarbush pass would get me under $30/day once I ski 17 days. It was a nice surprise to get a refund on my CC this month when they announced that pass. I thought Tuna was around my age or maybe even younger...so he can certainly get good passes for VT that would get him under $30/day without needing to ski that many days. But I can also see the allure of wanting to ski multiple areas and going for individual ticket deals instead as a result.