The NEW Magic Mountain - Page 196

AlpineZone

Page 196 of 218 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 2171

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    OK! I'm hoping Saturday will be mine, and my youngest daughter's first day at Magic. We've been trying for the last three years, and every time we book a trip, weather screws us....and yet again, that might happen.

Looks like 9-12" from this storm, but Friday is iffy....so....

How early on a holiday Saturday do they sell out? I realize there are no guarantees, but am I safe to wait until late friday evening to buy tickets online? Or will they pre- sell 1500 (is that the #?) before then?

Assuming this storm brings things back to life, and friday storm is all or mostly snow...
    .where do we go first?!?!?! For reference, we love trees, and narrow NE bump runs....think Castle Rock, Goat, etc....

Really hope this works out - we're psyched to finally get there!
    Suggestions for opening laps

Lap 1 - warmup on broomstick to HOM . Hop into hallows if you want to test the coverage in the trees.
    Lap 2 - Witch/Goniff
    Lap 3 - Whiteout/up your sleeve/Vertigo (nice fun mellow natural run) or if your feeling like lap 1 and 2 aren't challenging enough hit up Witch/Blackline
    Lap 4 - Pixie Dust/Seance/White Kitten/Dissapearing act - Good fun easy tree runs top to bottom If you find there was good coverage after that run, do some exploring. As you know, there are tree shots everywhere.

have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NY DirtBag View Post
    Lap 4 - Pixie Dust/Seance/White Kitten/Dissapearing act - Good fun easy tree runs top to bottom

That's one of my favorite lines on the mountain right there. It doesn't need to be super deep to ski well and the powder hounds usually head west and don't pay the ES much mind. So much fun to relax a little bit and hop around through those playful lines hootin' and hollerin' without a care in the world.

T2B's like that are a huge reason we've been spending so much time revitalizing the east side trees in recent years. The flow has greatly improved and multiple options exist from just about anywhere. Like a choose-your-own-adventure book of powder and trees... It's kind of funny how much time I spend on the east side on a pow day given what the rest of the mountain is like- also how long after a storm I can STILL find fresh over there.

Thanks guys. Crossing fingers on this friday storm....hope to finally get there!

And hey - while I have you....any recommendations for dinner friday/sat. night?

last year we enjoyed Gringo jacks and will probably go back there again. Is the Raven's Den any good? Reviews seem mixed. Cooper Grouse looks great, but can't get in.

Thanks guys. Crossing fingers on this friday storm....hope to finally get there!

last year we enjoyed Gringo jacks and will probably go back there again. Is the Raven's Den any good? Reviews seem mixed. Cooper Grouse looks great, but can't get in.
    It sounds like you are staying down in Manchester? If not, there are plenty of good options between Londonderry, Peru, and Winhall.

Is the Raven's Den any good? Reviews seem mixed. Cooper Grouse looks great, but can't get in.
    A little pricey but never had a bad meal there. They make a good martini and have a nice salad bar.

"If you ride your bike everyday...... Your going to be a better rider!"

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyGrove View Post
    It sounds like you are staying down in Manchester? If not, there are plenty of good options between Londonderry, Peru, and Winhall.
    Yes, closer to Manchester.

OK! I'm hoping Saturday will be mine, and my youngest daughter's first day at Magic. We've been trying for the last three years, and every time we book a trip, weather screws us....and yet again, that might happen.

Looks like 9-12" from this storm, but Friday is iffy....so....

How early on a holiday Saturday do they sell out? I realize there are no guarantees, but am I safe to wait until late friday evening to buy tickets online? Or will they pre- sell 1500 (is that the #?) before then?

Assuming this storm brings things back to life, and friday storm is all or mostly snow....where do we go first?!?!?! For reference, we love trees, and narrow NE bump runs....think Castle Rock, Goat, etc....

Really hope this works out - we're psyched to finally get there!
    We never sell-out online. Only day-of walk-ups do we sell out. MLK was at 10:15am (ticket office opens at so just be here early.

This storm only did 6-8” so East Side trees are the way to go. Lower angle is really skiing well. West Side natural steeps are thin as last week’s multiple hits of 2-3” rain storms wiped out a ton of base. Fun to ski with rock skis today but don’t take any new equipment out on steep all-natural stuff yet until we get another storm. Lots of coverage on snowmaking trails like upper Wiz Tali Trick Medium Wand Show Off Carumba Hocus Upper Carpet. Might even see a snow bar at Sunshine this weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post
    We never sell-out online. Only day-of walk-ups do we sell out. MLK was at 10:15am (ticket office opens at so just be here early.

This storm only did 6-8” so East Side trees are the way to go. Lower angle is really skiing well. West Side natural steeps are thin as last week’s multiple hits of 2-3” rain storms wiped out a ton of base. Fun to ski with rock skis today but don’t take any new equipment out on steep all-natural stuff yet until we get another storm. Lots of coverage on snowmaking trails like upper Wiz Tali Trick Medium Wand Show Off Carumba Hocus Upper Carpet. Might even see a snow bar at Sunshine this weekend...

Thanks for the info!

Can I buy online morning of?

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicaMan View Post

Looking forward to Monday at Magic! My youngest kid is one of the VARA U14's who will be slapping some plastic down one of the best slalom hills anywhere, Talisman!

Hope that the mountain (and the BLT!) are PACKED this weekend, as you guys DESERVE a HUGE weekend for all you've done!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using AlpineZone mobile app
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

The New American Grill 100%. Sip of Sunshine, great food and great service.

Thread Information