Year Round Indoor Ski Park Coming to Jersey Next Year? - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RichT View Post
    Also! 12 stories is only 120 feet, a LOT of chairlift time.
    Does it spiral down those 12 stories?

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days

Quote Originally Posted by mbedle View Post
    This will be a little different than other malls in a sense that 55% will be dedicated to entertainment and food. As far as the number of visits, their other malls pull in 30 to 40 million visits a year. As far as parking, you can't just look at the total number of spaces available. A single parking space at a mall may be used by multiple visitors. Most people do not hang at the mall from opening to closing.
    How much competition does Mall of America have around it vs the amount of competition in NJ for both retail and entertainment? And I already mentioned that it is different than simply a traditional mall and that's why I added in entertainment-related comparisons as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    Does it spiral down those 12 stories?
    No, but based on one of the renderings on their website it will have moguls on part of it!

Any bets on how much they will charge for the excitement of skiing an 800' long trail covering less than 200' of vertical?

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Any bets on how much they will charge for the excitement of skiing an 800' long trail covering less than 200' of vertical?
    Powder Ridge in CT charges $24 to ski down their plastic Astra-turf material. I would guess this has to be more. $50?

Quote Originally Posted by Killingtime View Post
    Powder Ridge in CT charges $24 to ski down their plastic Astra-turf material. I would guess this has to be more. $50?
    That would be my guess, too. For a 4 hour session, probably. Which I'd be more than willing to pay if they seed some moguls. If they don't, I'll probably pass.

If it ever opens I would have to go at least once for the novelty of it. I think 4 hours would be a bit long though, 200 very would get boring quick enough with or without bumps. Would be kinda nice during a week like this when it is 95+ out to cool off while making some turns in July.

Quote Originally Posted by skiur View Post
    I think 4 hours would be a bit long though, 200 very would get boring quick enough with or without bumps.
    For me, 4 hours of dome-skiing felt long without bumps. With bumps, it felt too short. I might be atypical, but I hope not so much so that they don't see a demand for moguls there.

they think that this new mall/entertainment venue will somehow pull in more visitors a year than the current most popular mall in NJ and Disney World combined?
    Of COURSE they dont. They just needed to SAY that to make the numbers work to get the corrupt thing built & opened.

This entire thing was a massive scam from the start, taking place (of course) in one of the most politically crooked states in America.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    Of COURSE they dont. They just needed to SAY that to make the numbers work to get the corrupt thing built & opened.

This entire thing was a massive scam from the start, taking place (of course) in one of the most politically crooked states in America.
    Is it publicly funded? I feel like putting the worlds ugliest building on the side of a busy highway is a great way to kill support.

As with the parking, I think the stadium and the mall share a parking lot and the mall will close for games, otherwise what a waist. I think the mall will suck up a lot off there air from other nearby malls and possibly close some of them but I don’t know much about those malls.

How much competition does Mall of America have around it vs the amount of competition in NJ for both retail and entertainment? And I already mentioned that it is different than simply a traditional mall and that's why I added in entertainment-related comparisons as well.
    I don't think it is reasonable to compare this place to places like Disney Land or the Garden State Plaza. People go to Disney Land for only entertainment and people go to the Garden State Plaza to basically only shop. People are going to go to this place to visit a doctor in urgent care, workout, go to the spa, see a movie, ride a roller coster, ski, ice skate, swim, attend a work convention, stay at the hotel for the football game, shop, go out to dinner, see a concert, etc. It's for that reason that I don't think the projected numbers are unreachable. I did read that they are actually building a second one down in Miami.

Thread Information