2018-2019 Sunday River - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 312
  1. #11
    Monday night storm looks like a SR/Loaf special. Gonna have to make it 3 straight powder Tuesdays.

    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23

    2018-19 days - 34
    Sunday River: 11/13, 12/4, 2/18; Killington: 11/20, 3/24, 5/27, 6/2; Loon: 11/27
    Wachusett: 11/18, 11/19, 11/25, 12/20, 12/23
    Solitude: 1/13; Snowbird 1/14, 4/1; Deer Valley: 1/15; Alta: 1/16, 3/29, 4/2; Brighton 3/28; Jackson: 3/30, 3/31
    Sugarbush: 1/21, 2/3, 3/10; MRG 1/22; Jay 2/4; Burke 2/5
    Sugarloaf: 2/24, 2/25; Stratton: 3/5, Stowe 3/11, Smuggs 3/12

  2. #12
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Zand View Post
    Monday night storm looks like a SR/Loaf special. Gonna have to make it 3 straight powder Tuesdays.
    Yup, I have to be up to do some work on the condo mon/tues, oh darn....

    Sent from my SM-T830 using AlpineZone mobile app

  3. #13
    Report says snowmaking on State Fair and Cyclone...any chance those Oz woods open up on Tuesday?
    2003-2004: 21; 2004-2005: 27; 2005-2006: 31; 2006-2007: 31; 2007-2008: 38; 2008-2009: 43; 2009-2010: 42; 2010-2011: 46; 2011-2012: 33; 2012-2013: 26 2013-14: 18; 2014-15: 17; 2015-16: 7; 2016-17: 14; 2017-18: 23

    2018-19 days - 34
    Sunday River: 11/13, 12/4, 2/18; Killington: 11/20, 3/24, 5/27, 6/2; Loon: 11/27
    Wachusett: 11/18, 11/19, 11/25, 12/20, 12/23
    Solitude: 1/13; Snowbird 1/14, 4/1; Deer Valley: 1/15; Alta: 1/16, 3/29, 4/2; Brighton 3/28; Jackson: 3/30, 3/31
    Sugarbush: 1/21, 2/3, 3/10; MRG 1/22; Jay 2/4; Burke 2/5
    Sugarloaf: 2/24, 2/25; Stratton: 3/5, Stowe 3/11, Smuggs 3/12

  4. #14
    machski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Northwood, NH (Sunday River, ME)
    Posts
    1,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Zand View Post
    Report says snowmaking on State Fair and Cyclone...any chance those Oz woods open up on Tuesday?
    None, lift served anyway. Side country touring is in though.

  5. #15
    I went skiing this morning, booted up at Barker, none of my usual ski buddies were present, so I skied over to the Chondie and got in line for THE first chair up! From there, I took Paradigm over to Aurora and got THE first chair there as well!

    The groomers had been out and that wet snow was packed down and quite fast. From about the Locke Mid station or the top of the Sunday River express, it was foggy and difficult to see where you were going. Really needed to check you speed.

    I noticed that there were some browner areas of snow on the trails where the coverage is a bit thin. I think they'll be correcting that issue tonight!

    Today is sign up for Santa Sunday for next Sunday. Gotta be at your computer or on your phone at noon sharp.

    That is me in the second chair back, far right, blue boots. Looking to reprise that role next Sunday!

    I am officially registered and will be there in full Santa outfit again!
    lovin life,

    Bob

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    I went skiing this morning, booted up at Barker, none of my usual ski buddies were present, so I skied over to the Chondie and got in line for THE first chair up! From there, I took Paradigm over to Aurora and got THE first chair there as well!

    The groomers had been out and that wet snow was packed down and quite fast. From about the Locke Mid station or the top of the Sunday River express, it was foggy and difficult to see where you were going. Really needed to check you speed.

    I noticed that there were some browner areas of snow on the trails where the coverage is a bit thin. I think they'll be correcting that issue tonight!

    Today is sign up for Santa Sunday for next Sunday. Gotta be at your computer or on your phone at noon sharp.

    That is me in the second chair back, far right, blue boots. Looking to reprise that role next Sunday!

    I am officially registered and will be there in full Santa outfit again!
    Bucket list lol


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by uphillklimber View Post
    I went skiing this morning, booted up at Barker, none of my usual ski buddies were present, so I skied over to the Chondie and got in line for THE first chair up! From there, I took Paradigm over to Aurora and got THE first chair there as well!

    The groomers had been out and that wet snow was packed down and quite fast. From about the Locke Mid station or the top of the Sunday River express, it was foggy and difficult to see where you were going. Really needed to check you speed.

    I noticed that there were some browner areas of snow on the trails where the coverage is a bit thin. I think they'll be correcting that issue tonight!

    Today is sign up for Santa Sunday for next Sunday. Gotta be at your computer or on your phone at noon sharp.

    That is me in the second chair back, far right, blue boots. Looking to reprise that role next Sunday!

    I am officially registered and will be there in full Santa outfit again!
    Lot of brown in that pic. This year should be much different.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
    Lot of brown in that pic. This year should be much different.
    In deed it is a lot different this year. Everything is white, including the tree runs. I have already skied last tango. Every bit of ground has a good start for the base. Top Gun had some incredible skiing last week.
    lovin life,

    Bob

  9. #19
    Today was tough for me. Deep and heavy. I struggle in deep snow but am getting better. With it being heavy, I headed over to South Ridge to learn and get better. Just before noon, busier areas were packing down (this is snowman snow) and it could get bumpy like a washboard. Snow was falling the whole time I was there, and it looks to continue all day.
    lovin life,

    Bob

  10. #20
    Edd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts
    4,830
    We actively avoided the untouched at Wildcat today, which is weird but it sucked you in and took your control. Amazing conditions out there. Tomorrow will be great.


    Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:57 AM.