Weekend Speculation Thread - The Presidential Edition! 2/16-17 - Page 5

AlpineZone

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
    I've never been to Mont Sutton, but I'm pondering the idea of fleeing into Canada to avoid the hoards of PDW Saturday, which, IMO is the most crowded day of the entire ski season.
    I think the Saturday of MLK is the most crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Great news...hope it holds!
    It didnt, right back to rain Friday on the NAM. Canadian came in much warmer too. Still time for it to change; at least it's not a deluge anyway.
    President - Bicknell's Thrush Extermination Solutions (BTES), LLC

It didnt, right back to rain Friday on the NAM. Canadian came in much warmer too. Still time for it to change; at least it's not a deluge anyway.
    Crap.

Does it at least end with snow?

I'm seeing about 4mm of rain after maybe an inch of snow for Killington and southern VT. It's not catastrophic. A week ago I was thinking of not even bothering with this weekend.

I think the hope is that it stays snow at elevation. It might be on the wet side but better than rain. I don't care what it does in the valley.

Did metro Boston get any snow from this storm (I'm hoping the answer is no)?

Quote Originally Posted by tnt1234 View Post
    Crap. Does it at least end with snow?
    Where snow is possible, maybe an inch per GFS & NAM, but you'd have to be far north. Nothing on the Canuck.

And I agree, it's close enough on the GFS & NAM to hope elevation keeps it all snow, but the Canuck is 38/39 even into Canada.

The fact Stowe is telling people to stay out of the trees despite 7" of snow, is not encouraging:

our safety is our priority: Woods skiing is not recommended at this time. The surface underneath any new snow on ungroomed terrain is variable and may be very icy. Please use extreme caution.

The Boston / Metrowest area received a few inches before turning to sleet, freezing rain, then finally rain.

The fact Stowe is telling people to stay out of the trees despite 7" of snow, is not encouraging:
    Strange. Killington reported 10" and they've been dropping ropes on naturals and trees all day.

Thread Information