Indy Ski Pass - Page 10

AlpineZone

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Indy Ski Pass

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    I am on the email list for Indy pass. I do find it odd that a ski area is added and there is no announcement. Why wouldn't you send an email for each enhancement of the product?
    Maybe check spam. I got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey View Post
    Maybe check spam. I got one.
    Today, sure. But Swain was added to their website a week ago and that's when I posted. Delayed marketing is a little strange, but I guess Mr. Fish is concerned about sending too many emails.

Wish they'd add Platty......
    2019/20 = 23 Cut Short!
    2018/19 = 36
    2017/18 = 37
    2016/17 = 31
    2015/16 = Depressing
    2014/15 = 28
    2013/14 = 27

One thing to be aware of, the blackout days are pretty extreme: https://www.indyskipass.com/faq/. There's only 4 resorts with blackouts, none in the east. But it's not just Xmas, MLK and Presidents that are blacked out. It also includes the 4th and 5th weekends in January and the first weekend in February.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    Wish they'd add Platty......
    Plaaty decided not to participate this upcoming season because they don't make enough$
    With virus bring money issues this upcoming season to not join because loss of revenue which I posted in Plaaty thread few weeks ago

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    Plaaty decided not to participate this upcoming season because they don't make enough$
    With virus bring money issues this upcoming season to not join because loss of revenue which I posted in Plaaty thread few weeks ago
    From the storm skier podcast with the gm of mad river Glenn, he sounded like he would have joined but COVID 19 uncertainty kept him out this year, from the Sam ski article, Indy pass sales percentage wise are thru the roof.

My guess next year lots of places like mad river Glenn, plattekill are on board

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbold View Post
    My guess next year lots of places like mad river Glenn, plattekill are on board
    I think that all depends on what the 20/21 numbers show. For 19/20, the average skier only used the Indy pass 4 times, so the average return to the ski area was around $50 per ski day. I imagine this would be acceptable to MRG and Platty. OTOH, if the usage jumps up to 10 ski days per passholder in 20/21, then the yield would be $20 per day. I doubt that MRG/Plat would jump in for that. Fish put a very positive spin on things, but I imagine that MRG/Plat are interested in more data on usage.

Quote Originally Posted by p_levert View Post
    I think that all depends on what the 20/21 numbers show. For 19/20, the average skier only used the Indy pass 4 times, so the average return to the ski area was around $50 per ski day. I imagine this would be acceptable to MRG and Platty. OTOH, if the usage jumps up to 10 ski days per passholder in 20/21, then the yield would be $20 per day. I doubt that MRG/Plat would jump in for that. Fish put a very positive spin on things, but I imagine that MRG/Plat are interested in more data on usage.
    No Platy owner told me
    They get very little revenue from that pass

"We havent made a decision on discounting our tickets that much by participating in the program. We are a small business that just cant afford to lose income."
    Last edited by ScottySkis; Oct 1, 2020 at 5:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottySkis View Post
    No Platy owner told me
    They get very little revenue from that pass

"We havent made a decision on discounting our tickets that much by participating in the program. We are a small business that just cant afford to lose income."
    It may get me to go though where I wouldn’t even think of driving over there normally.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

2010/11 - 30days 2011/12 - 29days 2012/13 - 40 days 2013/14 - 39 days 2014/15 - 42 days
    2015/2016 -27 days 2016/17 - 51 days 2017/18 - 57 days 2018/19 - 75 days

Quote Originally Posted by Smellytele View Post
    It may get me to go though where I wouldn’t even think of driving over there normally.
    Exactly, question is does revenue from new visitors eclipse lost revenue from people who would have gone anyway but are now using cheaper Indy ticket. Also need to take into account ancillary revenue (food, drink, souvenirs, etc) brought in by the new visitors.

Thread Information