Vail exhausted - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59

Thread: Vail exhausted

  1. #11
    So they were sniffing around Blue?

    2019-2020


    TBD

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    So they were sniffing around Blue?
    That was the rumor. I'm glad it didn't pan out. I have little interest in visiting Epic's other offerings, east or west, and would just as well not have pass price go up (Vail would probably eliminate the season passholder's line, too, which is the only thing that makes going there on mid-winter weekends tolerable).

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmywilson69 View Post
    Vail exhausted????

    I'm personally Vail excited as last year my local mid-Atlantic ski hill was bought by a ski corporation that really didn't have anything to offer. Now I will have much much better options available to me.
    I exhausted of Vail talking here

  4. #14
    "So they were sniffing around Blue?"

    They were.
    I heard the deal fell through at the last minute.

    "That was the rumor. I'm glad it didn't pan out. I have little interest in visiting Epic's other offerings, east or west, and would just as well not have pass price go up (Vail would probably eliminate the season passholder's line, too, which is the only thing that makes going there on mid-winter weekends tolerable)."

    I would really miss the VIP lift line, but I do have a lot of interest in there other mountains east and west.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by asnowmobiler View Post
    I would really miss the VIP lift line, but I do have a lot of interest in there other mountains east and west.
    I have a strong preference for Ikon's offerings, both east and west. I guess I could see myself doing some late season days at Hunter on Epic. Would probably still get a K spring pass. I wonder what the crowds at Blue would have been like if the deal had gone through. <shiver>

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I have a strong preference for Ikon's offerings, both east and west. I guess I could see myself doing some late season days at Hunter on Epic. Would probably still get a K spring pass. I wonder what the crowds at Blue would have been like if the deal had gone through. <shiver>
    Whistler and Kirkwood are both awesome. Otherwise, Ikon has the more interesting looking portfolio to me, too, from the looks of it (not that I've been).

    Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,209
    “Otherwise”?...

    ...Kicking Horse, Telluride, Crested Butte...

    Just saying
    Last edited by abc; Aug 15, 2019 at 9:58 PM.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I have a strong preference for Ikon's offerings, both east and west. I guess I could see myself doing some late season days at Hunter on Epic. Would probably still get a K spring pass. I wonder what the crowds at Blue would have been like if the deal had gone through. <shiver>
    I wonder if the crowds would be less since pass holders would have more options? Also having Mount Snow for early season would be nice.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by abc View Post
    “Otherwise”?...

    ...Kicking Horse, Telluride, Crested Butte...

    Just saying
    Yeah I'm not in a position where I need the full epic. I think I'd just get Butte out of that list on the local. Would love to hit up all three one day though. Fair point for those who need no blackouts.

    One is these days, I'd love to tourb the off-the-beaten-path places in southern CO on a trip (those you mentioned, Silverton and maybe Wolf, too).

    Sent from my VS988 using AlpineZone mobile app
    Ski season is always too short

  10. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley
    Posts
    3,209
    Quote Originally Posted by eastern powder baby View Post
    Yeah I'm not in a position where I need the full epic. I think I'd just get Butte out of that list on the local. Would love to hit up all three one day though. Fair point for those who need no blackouts.

    One is these days, I'd love to tourb the off-the-beaten-path places in southern CO on a trip (those you mentioned, Silverton and maybe Wolf, too).
    Reality being, few if any would try to hit ALL of the mountains on either pass in one season. So Ikon having more "iconic" mountains overall isn't all that relevant. It's really just which mountain you wish to visit the season you buy the pass.

    Besides, what one consider "awesome" is entirely individual. Is Deer Valley "awesome"? Maybe it isn't for some. But if you like trees, DV is awesome! But if you like trees, Northstar is awesome too!

    BTW, I think Vail itself is pretty awesome in the right condition, which happens often enough. (I don't like the price of everything else in Vail though, but who does?)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:39 AM.