Opinion: Best run(s) at Sugarbush - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Newpylong View Post
    Northridge Expressway.
    I need to ski that trail more. Ive only skied it once and I rode North Ridge from it. I need to ski it back down to the Inverness Quad some day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slidebrook87 View Post
    Im curious as to what you mean by the former brambles? Was the lower portion previously similar to the upper portion but GMVS cleared it?
    Brambles used to be a natural snow trail that was rarely groomed

Interesting. I’m hearing a lot of this. I don’t really have a desire to ski FIS so I might just commit to skiing Liftline at some time this season. I skied Middle Earth last year which certainly wasn’t the best experience...

You're missing out if you don't hit skiers left on Upper FIS. Use the tree scrub and snowmaking equipment as must turn areas and you'll find some of the best powder well after a storm. It's also quite a bit tamer than going full tilt skiers right immediately off the chair as this part of FIS gets the most exposure, i.e. ice.

Tumbler's 3 faces and a nice cruise down thru Bramble's trees skiers left are a couple of my favorites.

I need to ski that trail more. I’ve only skied it once and I rode North Ridge from it. I need to ski it back down to the Inverness Quad some day.
    Northridge Expressway only goes in 1 direction...from Inverness to NRX. Going towards Inverness is a different trail (Northway).

Quote Originally Posted by cdskier View Post
    Northridge Expressway only goes in 1 direction...from Inverness to NRX. Going towards Inverness is a different trail (Northway).
    Yes, I know. What I mean by that is I usually ski it and ride the North Ridge Express right after. What Id like to do is continue skiing down straight shot or crackerjack back to the Inverness Quad.

My best runs at Sugarbush are LCR at South and Semi-Tough or (upper) Brambles at North.... both for the same reason. They see the least amount of traffic. Most who head down CR head for Cotillion or if they stick it out on LCR, they take Bailout. Brambles is rarely open to the public, but when it is, the top half is superb.

There are some great powder day runs I try to hit... Semi-Tough and Tumbler or Hammerhead at North. At south, Moonshine and Twist.

I still have never attempted Lift Line (at CR) or Rumble. I've done Black Diamond once or twice and Upper FIS a few times. Something about the cliffs and ledges on Upper Lift Line that steers me away every time. I can have more fun on CR, Cotillion, and Middle Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by WWF-VT View Post
    Brambles used to be a natural snow trail that was rarely groomed
    In the 80s! If you go back far enough they all were like that.

Im curious as to what you mean by the former brambles? Was the lower portion previously similar to the upper portion but GMVS cleared it?

Upper was Gladed. Lower half was narrower and groomed every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrailboss View Post
    Upper was Gladed. Lower half was narrower and groomed every once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
    Nice. Wish it was still that way. I always thought it was odd how the top was so similar to Semi Tough, but the bottom looked like something youd see at Stratton.

Semi tough or brambles is probably my favorite at mount Ellen, paradise or castle rock run are probably my favorites at Lincoln. I dont think I had ever skied brambles until wwf-vt took me down there a couple years ago

Thread Information