• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New storm on the way

abc

Generally speaking, when you see giant flakes, that's precisely when you do need to start worrying.

Without dorking out, it basically means you are somewhere close to the rain/snow line.
And if norther NH is "close to the rain/snow line", what does it put the rest of snow country?

I'm suddenly feeling a strong motivation of NOT skiing this weekend. :( Got to fight it...

Last edited:

MEtoVTSkier

In case anyone wants to talk about snow, it was two inches of glop this am (2,000' at Killington). Had a fierce 20 minutes of BB sized sleet, now back to fairly heavy snow. Disappointing so far. Apparently elevation dependent, lower down reports are mostly rain. Finishing with work soon, then out to ski. Friends on the hill reported about 3 inches of heavy fresh. Superstar and Snowshed quad on hold.

Something told me that it wasn't going to play out right, so I skipped going home to Plymouth this week to see the 'Olde Folks. Maybe next week. Off to Bigrock...

Edd

But no one seems to want my contributions. Much easier to discredit me and get me banned since I'm not in your little circle jerk cliq.

For trolling activists, I get a desire to troll, say, a political website where obvious philosophical and ethical differences exist.

But trolling a ski website is odd to me. A site like this is kind of a bunch of hobbyists all very interested in said hobby. Just a weird place to start pointless shit.

bdfreetuna

Stratton webcam looks like a blizzard now, I bet when we see afternoon updates the totals will be up. A few inches of sticky stuff should make for a nice surface in SoVT and NoVT/Whites still seem to be deep inside the snow band.

But trolling a ski website is odd to me.

Obviously the guy is in trolling Kindergarten. Who comes on a forum with an obvious troll handle, starts calling people names, making physical threats, psycho-style repeat abusive PMs and acting a punk in general just to lay down the "woe is me, you bullies!" card when someone calls him low IQ (an apparent sore spot) or makes a Yo Momma smokes crack joke (another apparent sore spot). All in less than a grand total of 70 or so posts. Talk about not playing the long game or even trolling with plausible deniability :dunce:

I'm sure he'll end up having more lives than a cat around here due to the "nobody gets banned even for obvious troll/burner accounts, harassment and violent threats, even with zero actual contributions to the forum otherwise" unwritten rule.

I mean at least most of us around here, we know actually ski and have proven it...

Last edited:

abc

This guy is beyond trolling. Most of his posts were personal attacks.

There're people who hold strong views and come across as abrasive. Some may call them trolls, but they actually have a view, however disagreeable that view maybe to others.

This guys, he's just belting out insults with no substance whatsoever. Best part, he doesn't even know his post has no value: "no one seems to want my contributions". :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sirbannedalot

Stratton webcam looks like a blizzard now, I bet when we see afternoon updates the totals will be up. A few inches of sticky stuff should make for a nice surface in SoVT and NoVT/Whites still seem to be deep inside the snow band.

Obviously the guy is in trolling Kindergarten. Who comes on a forum with an obvious troll handle, starts calling people names, making physical threats, psycho-style repeat abusive PMs and acting a punk in general just to lay down the "woe is me, you bullies!" card when someone calls him low IQ (an apparent sore spot) or makes a Yo Momma smokes crack joke (another apparent sore spot). All in less than a grand total of 70 or so posts. Talk about not playing the long game or even trolling with plausible deniability :dunce:

I'm sure he'll end up having more lives than a cat around here due to the "nobody gets banned even for obvious troll/burner accounts, harassment and violent threats, even with zero actual contributions to the forum otherwise" unwritten rule.

I mean at least most of us around here, we know actually ski and have proven it...

So you think I don't ski and if I do I have to prove it to you? Based on your ski count, I ski a lot more than you. And I pick my days so as to not come on here after to bitch about the conditions like you do. Also basically to you any juvenile attack on me is a sore spot. You can do no wrong and you can say no wrong to me. And I contribute nothing. It wasn't a troll handle. It was a reflection of reality. I have far more posts than 70 if I wasn't banned multiple times for not being an ass kissing pussy. There is absolutely nothing you can say to get banned or timed out. But anything I say will. It's just reality. So ban me.

Sirbannedalot

This guy is beyond trolling. Most of his posts were personal attacks.

There're people who hold strong views and come across as abrasive. Some may call them trolls, but they actually have a view, however disagreeable that view maybe to others.

This guys, he's just belting out insults with no substance whatsoever. Best part, he doesn't even know his post has no value: "no one seems to want my contributions". :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

I do realize I offer nothing of value. Apparently you can't read because I already said that. No matter how valuable, everyone here will shrug it off because you are stuck in your cubicles and it hurts too much to face reality I'm out slaying pow midweek while you are stuck in a cubicle kissing ass to some people you hate because your life has no value.

bdfreetuna

So you've been banned on multiple accounts, which as anyone around knows here is pretty hard to have happen even once.

Yup it's you who's the victim!

I think an IP ban should do the trick once and for all, unless you want to ask your Mom how to install Tor Browser or a VPN. You know me and her met on the dark net, right?

KustyTheKlown

ive been listening to an aussie true crime podcast called casefile on my drives to vermont. super interesting three part episode on the silk road (dark web site for buying drugs and other illicits). super interesting 3+ hours. made my drive fly right on by. recommend.

Sirbannedalot

So you've been banned on multiple accounts, which as anyone around knows here is pretty hard to have happen even once.

Yup it's you who's the victim!

I think an IP ban should do the trick once and for all, unless you want to ask your Mom how to install Tor Browser or a VPN. You know me and her met on the dark net, right?

Yep that's totally called for. You can do no wrong. What are you doing with my mother when you have a wife and a 2 year old daughter? Do you have a fetish for sickly old women who are stuck in a hospital bed?

Sirbannedalot

But do be careful. If shes passed out that's rape and if she is dead you'll be committing necrophilia.

sledride

ive been listening to an aussie true crime podcast called casefile on my drives to vermont. super interesting three part episode on the silk road (dark web site for buying drugs and other illicits). super interesting 3+ hours. made my drive fly right on by. recommend.

I listen to the True Crime Garage podcast all the time. Thanks for the casefile tip! Definitely helps pass the time.

bdfreetuna

re Kusty

The stuff you could get away with until recently on the dark web, and even clear web to a large extent, is remarkable. Silk Road closed in what, 2013/2014.... AlphaBay took it's place quickly and got shut down in 2017.

Ross William Ulbricht aka Dread Pirate Roberts deserved his fate IMO. The stuff you could buy on there was insane. Absolutely a paradise for the criminally minded, drug addicts and dealers and pedophiles.

At this stage in history I'd rather argue for absolute freedom of speech on the web rather than the imagined and pseudo-utopian vision of the web being a wild west for Fentanyl analogs and snuff films.

Edd

There was an awesome article on Wired about that. I think it’s about 2 years old.