IKON - Adventure Assurance - Due by October 1 - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec142 View Post
    The second part is that I just resign myself to scrounging together day passes and defer my ikon to next year. Then comes the option of who cares, get in as much skiing as possible on the ikon pass even if it doesn't make financial sense and don't beat myself up about it.
    The thing is with where they set the price point of these passes vs day tickets, you would really have to find some pretty amazing deals on day tickets to not make the cost of the ikon pass justify itself. Really you only need to get in 6 to 8 days as compared to the window ticket rates to start to make the pass start to "pay off".

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    The thing is with where they set the price point of these passes vs day tickets, you would really have to find some pretty amazing deals on day tickets to not make the cost of the ikon pass justify itself. Really you only need to get in 6 to 8 days as compared to the window ticket rates to start to make the pass start to "pay off".
    But you're only comparing prices on the big "resorts".

There're plenty of smaller mountains that are just as much fun, with less crowd, that cost a lot less in day tickets even at window price. With a bit extra hunting, you can easily "break even" for well over 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by boston_e View Post
    Normally I would disagree with you as I would buy a bunch of quad packs from Sugarbush and get my average daily cost down to ~ $65. I estimated I would need to ski 15 days to break even. However, since SB isn't selling quad packs this year, if I assumed advanced purchase costs (hate to plan in advance like that) I would have to ski about 9 times to break even. SO, in this crazy year, you are pretty much spot on. But the assumption is that I even get to ski at all. Fingers crossed.

Thread Information