• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

New camera

Grassi21

Looks sweet. Is it a requirement that all mods shoot vid and produce movies for our enjoyment? ;-)

With all the cameras on the hill these days it makes it hard for a scrub like me to hide his yard sales.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Looks sweet. Is it a requirement that all mods shoot vid and produce movies for our enjoyment? ;-)

With all the cameras on the hill these days it makes it hard for a scrub like me to hide his yard sales.

Ha!! But how sweet is it when you look back a year from now and watch how you have progressed!!!

hammer

Just remember, we're all laughing with you, not at you....:wink:

I actually had someone yardsale right near me on Sunday. IMO the only reason I didn't do the same was luck...we were both in an open gladed trail trying to maneuver between some trees over icy bumps.

Grassi21

Are you still keeping up on the Skiers Edge? That must be helping a lot...

I have. After analysing the bits of video from Greg and Bvibert I noticed that my stance is really wide compared to those guys, ALLSKIING, and 1knee, I mean 2knees (it looks like he has one knee his stance is so tight). I've been working out more with a narrow stance. Great machine and investment.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I have. After analysing the bits of video from Greg and Bvibert I noticed that my stance is really wide compared to those guys, ALLSKIING, and 1knee, I mean 2knees (it looks like he has one knee his stance is so tight). I've been working out more with a narrow stance. Great machine and investment.
That tight stance is good for pow and bumps but you don't want to use it all the time...It all comes in time chris. Keep putting in those miles.

Grassi21

That tight stance is good for pow and bumps but you don't want to use it all the time...It all comes in time chris. Keep putting in those miles.

I will take note of that.

Now back to your new camera. What made you pick this one? All of the wonderful tech features aside, I like how it swivels.

Bumpsis

After I lost my new camera at K this past weekend I decided to start looking for a new one. After a day of searching the net I bought this.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikons10/

I can see that you're excited about your new camera. I'd be just really bummed out about losing my camera on the slopes. I'm a bit surprised that it wasn't found.

I found a camera this past weekend at Burke - really nice one too. I hope that whoever lost it, did check with the area's Lost & Found, because that's where it went.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I can see that you're excited about your new camera. I'd be just really bummed out about losing my camera on the slopes. I'm a bit surprised that it wasn't found.

I found a camera this past weekend at Burke - really nice one too. I hope that whoever lost it, did check with the area's Lost & Found, because that's where it went.
I was bummed and I checked the lost & found but nothing. I am not one to dwell..I can't do anything more about the one I lost so time to have fun getting a new one.

satchownz

Website
www.hikingnewengland.com
It's funny, I drive around with it in my car. Before I had one I saw crazy stuff all the time. Now that I have one ready - nothing.

I did however document my trip up the NH coast in a picture story.. lol
http://www.hikingnewengland.com/index.php?showtopic=212

I'm going to post a lot of pic storys this spring when I hike. I invite anyone to add one, it's kinda fun with a digital camera that you don't have to worry about film. :)