• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wachusett - 12/05/04

RISkier

Two words, champagne powder, don't fully describe conditions. Temps in the lower 40s, variable cloudiness, and WINDY. Two trails, well 3 if you count upper and lower Connifer as separate trails. And as I think about it, they were. Upper Connifer was very firm in the morning. I really couldn't get an edge in it, but I'm not that good but it was pretty icy. Lower Connifer soft snow that was grippy. Challenger was also open and skied surprisingly well -- was starting to get somewhat soft and spring like as we were leaving just after noon, but was fun, and I didn't find any base damage on our skis. As I think about it there were only 1.5 trails, neither was covered fully side-to-side. What can you say, it was skiing, it was fun, and we got to knock a bit of the rust off.

Greg

Staff member
RI - I updates your topic title. Please see the TR posting instructions. It is very important to use the complete and accurate spelling of the ski area name in the subject line of your post as the ski area profiles have links that search this forum based on subject. Please refer to the ski area profiles for the correct spelling. Thanks!