• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Mtn. Wed. December 15, '04

B

beswift

It was 8 degrees F. at the base yesterday when I arrived at the Notch view lodge at 8. The tram was closed. Only the Peabody express quad and the Magic Carpet ride kiddie lift were operating. They were blowing a lot of snow, however, on the slopes served by the Zoomer triple chair. There should be a lot more open terrain and operating lifts this weekend. Some fresh powder fell the previous night, and it was certainly a winter wonderland up there. All the open trails had been rolled out yielding some good if crunchy snow for slalom turns down Turnpike and Lower Cannon. This could translate into good cruising when the turns got tiring. I had the lodge practically to myself. :p That worked out wonderfully given the temps. In the afternoon the sun added a lot to the scene. The surrounding views of the notch and the whites was superb. Of course the drive home, although dry and clear wasn't so enjoyable due to the Christmas croud out on the roads :angry: .