• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hunter Mountain 12-28-04

rjc1976

Date(s) Skied: 12-28-04

Resort or Ski Area: Hunter Mountain

Conditions: Mostly packed powder, some hard packed. By the afternoon, there were icy spots where people had scraped all the snow off. Overall, the conditions were very good.

Trip Report: Well, after debating back and forth for a while as to whether I should go to Belleayre or Hunter, I chose Hunter at the last minute. I was going to go to Belleayre because I was concerned about the crowds at Hunter. I was pleasantly surprised though. Yes, it was crowded, but the quad ate up the queue quickly -- Unlike some times in the past, the lift line was very organized, and I'd say I didn't wait more than 10 minutes at any point in the day. The other lifts had no wait or less than a minute wait depending on the time of day. The only trail that looked like it had too many people was Belt Parkway. The rest of the trails (didn't go to Hunter One at all) on Hunter and Hunter West gave you plenty of room. All in all, it was a great day to be out!