• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic 2/28/08

Greg

Staff member
Vids a' comin', folks. Prolly 45 mins...

Movie Maker crashed on me 3 times. The vid is done. Making the files and then I'll upload. Have another beer... ;)

Greg

Staff member
Magic was so far off the hook today the phone was lost.

Everything else was sublime, for this lowland sloppy seconds hack.

Classic! :lol:

I should add to my above post that I'm glad I finally got to ski several trails that have been on my hit list since missing them for various reason last time I was there, including one that was even on the radar in Magician. Most importantly, to me, was that I finally knocked off Red Line. Black Line was awesome, as was Heart of Magician and The Hallows. It was nice to hit Witch (Upper), Goniff, and Broomstick too. I was kinda bummed that we didn't hit Slide of Hans, but it seemed like kind of a waste with Wizard being groomed all the way through...

Yep. Except for Slide, we hit all the key trails. And I had a blast carving up the butter-like corduroy too. Magic is a good mountain for intermediates as well.

Dying here waiting for this movie! :lol:

You and me both. My PC is giving me fits. I'm actually posting this from my laptop so as not to anger it any more as I generate the movie files...

It doesn't get much better than this. Get thee to Magic now ASAP to enjoy prime conditions! Magic needs to be experienced right now!

I echo everyone's sentiments about going to Magic. Now! I can't imagine that it gets much better and with some new snow tomorrow, forget about it. Anybody hitting any other mountain in SoVT this weekend should have their friggin' head checked.

powbmps

It's 3:40.

Must......have........video.......

Where's the insomniac smilie?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Nice report! You guys are still jumping out of your skin excited about the skiing yesterday, super glad you guys had such a great time at Magic. Magic mid-week powder days are a total no brainer due to low prices and no competition, I imagine you guys were getting phenomenal barely tracked lines pretty late into the day even a day after the storm.

Greg

Staff member
It's 3:40.

Must......have........video.......

Sorry. I was up past midnight trying to get this thing done and WMM was crapping out and won't produce the final movie final. No worries though. I brought all the data to work and come hell or high water, I'll get this thing up ASAP. It will be worth the wait.

Nice report! You guys are still jumping out of your skin excited about the skiing yesterday, super glad you guys had such a great time at Magic. Magic mid-week powder days are a total no brainer due to low prices and no competition, I imagine you guys were getting phenomenal barely tracked lines pretty late into the day even a day after the storm.

Indeed. No untracked except on the sides of some of the low angle stuff. I'm sure it was there if we looked harder. It hardly mattered. Despite being mostly wind-packed crud/tracked out powder, we rarely felt bottom. It definitely was skiing like more snow than the 10" reported from Wednesday.

bvibert

Staff member
Indeed. No untracked except on the sides of some of the low angle stuff. I'm sure it was there if we looked harder. It hardly mattered. Despite being mostly wind-packed crud/tracked out powder, we rarely felt bottom. It definitely was skiing like more snow than the 10" reported from Wednesday.

Even on the last run there were some little patches of snow that hadn't been touched, nothing to write home about but I made sure to track them out all the same.. ;) I made some untracked turns in The Hallows. Definitely skied like more than 10"

2knees

I was having nightmares about Jeff plowing into me after that little hit on redline.

All teeth and skis. :smile:

still floating on cloud nine today. i really really want to get back this weekend.

Greg

Staff member
Turns out my work PC is a bigger POS than my home PC. I'm still trying to get this vid done, but it might have to wait until tonight. I think I'm done with Windows Movie Maker...

bvibert

Staff member
Turns out my work PC is a bigger POS than my home PC. I'm still trying to get this vid done, but it might have to wait until tonight. I think I'm done with Windows Movie Maker...

:eek: You're killing me here!

deadheadskier

Staff member

Greg aren't you supposed to be some sorta IT guy????? :roll: :lol:

;)

Grassi21

Out of all the schedule juggling and cutting out of work early to ski marginal condtions in CT, I'm mad at myself for not making this trip work.

But I am very pumped that you guys had a great day. Looking forward to the vid.

Angus

this board is making progress, earlier this year the Boston Globe now mentioned in an official trail report!

when I was talking to one of the owners of Magic at the Boston Ski show this fall, I mentioned how many folks here were big fans. He had never heard of the site. I guess he has now!

snobababunny

Not only was this thread mentioned on the website, but it was sent out on Magic's email list. I'm a pass holder & from time to time I get emails about the goings ons at the hill. Today, I got an email & that's how I ended up peaking at this thread. I'm sure that Magic is excited to have such a good buzz about it this year.

I love to hear all the positivity about Magic. I'll be stuck in the Springfield traffic later today, but it'll all be worth it when I'm on the red chair early tomorrow. Now, I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for the updates, guys.