• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf Reggae Fest April 7 - 10 2005

ALLSKIING

Staff member
I called again to make sure and they sold out on Wed. There was a condo that opend up while I was on the phone with them but it was a big condo for over a grand. I never thought a ski resort would sell out. :eek:

Vortex

It was sold old last year when i booked. I believe alot of packages are held for agents. Keep looking. when i talked to them earlier in the year they gave me other places to check out. I would send them an e-mail out of the website linc. I bet they will put you in the right direction. I know they will reply. Don't give up yet.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Bob R said:
It was sold old last year when i booked. I believe alot of packages are held for agents. Keep looking. when i talked to them earlier in the year they gave me other places to check out. I would send them an e-mail out of the website linc. I bet they will put you in the right direction. I know they will reply. Don't give up yet.
Ok I will give the e-mail a try. I am also going to call everyday to see if there were any cancellations.

Greg

Staff member
Wow. I guess it's true. Even our Sugarloaf lodging page shows no availability:

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/resorts/lodging.htm?resort=sugarloaf
(Click "Check rates & availability")

It just didn't seem like it was sold out last year. I will check with the mountain see if there are any openings that aren't available through normal booking means.

Charlie Schuessler

It is my expirence that the Reggaefest Weekend @ Sugarloaf SELLS OUT.

Why? It is usually thier 2nd to last weekend open for the season and because it is a great time. With this year it being in early April, the snow will be plentiful and the whole mountain should be open.

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Now Greg..did you think I would lie. :wink: Any help would be great.
Oh no. Not at all. I was actually hopeful that you may have received incorrect info. You never know...maybe my contact will have some options...

awf170

Sugarloaf always gets sold out, exspecially this year, for some reason everyone has been goin to sugarloaf this year. I went a few weeks ago on some random no holiday weekend and me and my dad got the last open room, and it was a basement room. There might have been some condos opened but all we wanted was a room.

Charlie Schuessler

We're staying at the mountain...8-miles away from anything in Maine is just down the street....your car may not have totally warmed up by the time you pull into the parking lot...

Greg

Staff member
It may be raining at your house, but according to the Intellicast radar, it's snowing at the Loaf! I don't know how long the snow's gonna hold on, but we'll take what we can get. Temps will be in the mid 40's on Wednesday up there, but then the day time highs will only reach 40 for most of the week. They may luck out and pick up some snow over the weekend. They're still at 100% open...gonna be some fantastic conditions for Reggae Fest - only 11 days to go!!!

Greg

Staff member
Greg said:
I will check with the mountain see if there are any openings that aren't available through normal booking means.
Well, I don't know if this isn't information that everybody knows already, but my contact at the Loaf suggested to call area reservations at 1-800-843-2732 to see what is available in the area. I would also suggest continuing to call on-mountain reservations at 1-800-THE-LOAF to see if there have been any cancellations.

Vortex

Allskiing use Greg's linc. that is what I ment about sending an e-mail they will find you a place. I know the hotel is booked, but I'm sure you can get in somewhere. Just request a quote. Then follow up with a call.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Well I have been talking with the people at that # for a few days and they have one B&B open but I am not crazy about a B&B. Other then that my options are places 20 Min from the Mountain and they are not cheap (private Homes). So it looks Like I am out for this trip going to get my Res back from Killington. Its to bad really wanted to ski the Loaf and with the crew thats going up. :cry: Next year I will be an early Res. Thanks for the help!!

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Well I have been talking with the people at that # for a few days and they have one B&B open but I am not crazy about a B&B. Other then that my options are places 20 Min from the Mountain and they are not cheap (private Homes). So it looks Like I am out for this trip going to get my Res back from Killington. Its to bad really wanted to ski the Loaf and with the crew thats going up. :cry: Next year I will be an early Res. Thanks for the help!!
Bummer. It looks like the skiing is going to be fantastic this year. The whole mountain is open and they've been getting snow this morning!

I'd opt for staying 20 minutes from the Loaf over staying slopeside at Killington in a heartbeat. Have you ever been, ALLSKIING?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
Bummer. It looks like the skiing is going to be fantastic this year. The whole mountain is open and they've been getting snow this morning!

I'd opt for staying 20 minutes from the Loaf over staying slopeside at Killington in a heartbeat. Have you ever been, ALLSKIING?
No never been. Killington closed 100 trails today :eek: Still have 100 open though. You think I should take the private House?