• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf Reggae Fest April 7 - 10 2005

Vortex

Terry said:
looking forward to meeting you and skiing with you.I should be there at Bullwinkles at 1. Plan on being on the mountain at first chair if all goes well!
:beer:
Got to love that slopeside stuff. 10 is at the latest for me trying for earlier. Driving to the River thurs night staying there. Won't make it till midnightish. Want to grab a few Zzz's probably will be excited and get up early anyway. See YA

Greg

Staff member
Unbelievable. The forecast just keeps getting better. It looks like the precip on Thursday night may even end as a little snow. Then it's 45-50 and sunny through Sunday! The only closed trails are a half dozen named snowfield runs and a handful of novice trails. The rest of the mountain is OPEN! This is going to be a fantastic time. I can't wait!

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
www.sugarloaf.com/daily.html
Man! Look at some of the pics from yesterday. Conditions look radical!

Vortex

Just got my Alpine zone shirt in the mail. Luckily no green in it. :wink: I'll be wearing it sometime this weekend. A large is a large. All we have left to do is ski. :D

Terry

Just started to pack- beer cooler first, then ski bag, then everything else! Wondering how much beer is required? Got 60, wondering if that is enough?
:beer: :D

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Terry - just grab some growlers from Theo's brew pub at the start of the access road. The porter is excellent!

It's good to hear the mountain survived the rain for you folks. I had a blast there last weekend. :D

Reggaefest is going to be awesome, I wish I could be there. Have a great time!

Vortex

I have about a case packed. I plan on the apre ski hours bar hopping. I left all my gear up at my buds place at the River. So I'm all set very little to do.. I trained for Reggae las night. I look fabulous today. :D Stayed up wrapping my daughter B-day presents. Got to do the family stuff then I'm on my way tonight. Anyway did anyone see Tim Kelley's NECN weather forcast at 9.50 last night. I started a thread on this prior, but anyway. He stated out with the Sugarloaf picture from yesterday of the Guy in the fresh snow off White Nitro. He was just smiling. Then he said this is his favorite time golf and skiing in same season. He mentioned this is a great time of year causes bases are much deeper than November when it all starts. I believe he said it like this. It is funner this time of year( yes Funner) I'm getting to a point here. to finish his forecast(cause he cares about us and is still my favorite weather guy) Hey its Sugarloaf's Reggae weekend this weekend. Out door Reggae in the Sun and skiing and just smiled. It was time for a bervage. :beer: Greg anyway to post that picture here? Help its on the snow report page.

Greg

Staff member
Bob R said:
Greg anyway to post that picture here?
This one?
11127985284.6.05DropingintoNitro.JPG

It's going to be an absolutely fantastic weekend at da Loaf! The mountain may even pick up a few inches tonight! 8) :beer:

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
This one?
11127985284.6.05DropingintoNitro.JPG

It's going to be an absolutely fantastic weekend at da Loaf! The mountain may even pick up a few inches tonight! 8) :beer:

Now I really wish I was going up with you guys... :roll: Have fun and take lots of pics, I'll be expecting a full report when you get back! :D

Greg

Staff member
Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Tomorrow is the day! The forecast is perfect for the next three days with temps in the 50's and partly cloudy skies. All that snow on the summit cone should soften up nicely!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Greg said:
Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait. Tomorrow is the day! The forecast is perfect for the next three days with temps in the 50's and partly cloudy skies. All that snow on the summit cone should soften up nicely!
LOL...Gregs going nuts. :beer: :beer:

Greg

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
LOL...Gregs going nuts.
crazy.gif

You're going to love Sugarloaf, Dave. You're also gonna be so glad you picked this over Killington...

Vortex

ALLSKIING said:
Greg said:
ALLSKIING said:
LOL...Gregs going nuts.
crazy.gif

You're going to love Sugarloaf, Dave. You're also gonna be so glad you picked this over Killington...
I am ready!!!Leaving tonight. :D
Leaving tonight also. Hoping to be on the hill for 9am. Kind of wishful thinking. lets all play phone tag. :D I out of here see all tomorrow.

Terry

Am packing the truck now! Will be outa here as soon as wife is ready. Gonna be a great weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:beer:

Greg

Staff member
Heading out within 15 minutes. See you all at da Loaf!