Nassahegan RAW - 9/3/08 - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by powhunter View Post
    It took a lot of effort.......and I was so FN paranoid of being clipped by a car

steve
    I would have been, especially since it seems you must have been riding down the big hill on GW Turnpike, which people fly down.

I think you need a GPS dude.

Brian

you guys ever consider throwing walkie-talkies into your packs for the larger group rides? isn't there an official AZ channel?

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    you guys ever consider throwing walkie-talkies into your packs for the larger group rides? isn't there an official AZ channel?
    Probably not a bad idea actually. But I carry enough stuff with me. Unfortunately cell coverage is not the best at Nassahegan, but I can make calls most of the time and always carry my cell. Steve made the right call though just riding down since he knew we climbed to the high point of the forest. Eventually you come to pavement.
    I ski double black diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Wow. Way to toss me under the bus.

What you fail to realize, my dear, is that I have more respect and confidence in your riding skill than those other dopes. They want to hold your hand; I want you to challenge yourself!
    You did just fine stopping on the last ride I joined you guys. Don't sweat it.

Way to redeem yourself, BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by gmcunni View Post
    That's actually not a bad idea. Though I don't think it's been an issue before, it could be a good idea safety-wise since cell service is spotty.
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    FYI, Brain and I are more considerate than Greg if any of you beginners are looking to go out riding We might not get 2knees out riding with stories like this
    I just want to apologize to Greg, I was only kidding with that comment and just trying to lure some riders for Brians ride tonight. Greg does a great job of leading rides and any newbs should not worry.

Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    I just want to apologize to Greg, I was only kidding with that comment and just trying to lure some riders for Brians ride tonight. Greg does a great job of leading rides and any newbs should not worry.
    Don't backtrack! He's a man, he can take it!

You guys are too serious sometimes... geesh!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    Don't backtrack! He's a man, he can take it!

You guys are too serious sometimes... geesh!
    agreed. all this posturing. you guys need to do some hanging with me post ride.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

Namaste you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    agreed. all this posturing. you guys need to do some hanging with me post ride.
    Sounds like you did get more post ride in then riding last night

Hopefully you get out and get a good ride in on the new bike soon.

Quote Originally Posted by severine View Post
    I can vouch for this! Brian has always taken good care of me while riding, but Jeff has also been quite considerate when leading with any newbs. I'll also add Tim to that list.
    Of course he's going to take good care of you to make sure you make it out of the woods. He said it himself, he has to take care of his cleaning lady.(or was it house keeper?)
    Building a quiver is just foreplay for snowgasms

Quote Originally Posted by Trekchick View Post
    Of course he's going to take good care of you to make sure you make it out of the woods. He said it himself, he has to take care of his cleaning lady.(or was it house keeper?)
    Cleaning lady. And he does a damn good job of that.

Thread Information