• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Epic-ish Nass Ride - 9/28

o3jeff

I was thinking something very similar, except eliminating the Session Woods area to keep it 15-20.

Oh and thanks for the lesson on opening the link

Greg

Staff member
I went a little crazy and pieced together several .gpx files to make what I consider a pretty cool super loop, that only over-laps in one spot. Comes out to ~23 miles. See what you guys think, obviously there's several options for variations/alternatives.

http://www.bvibert.com/img/AZTour.gpx

The only issue I see (other than it being a damn long ride) is that it does cover some trails we haven't been on, some of it being on the road I think. :(

Ha! That's pretty crazy. :lol: My suggestions would be to blow off the big loop around Beaver Pond in Session Woods, and incorporate B Street (descending) somehow. I would also blow off the stretch up by the fish hatchery. That should put us into the more reasonable 15-18 mile territory. Looks fun though.

bvibert

Staff member
Ha! That's pretty crazy. :lol: My suggestions would be to blow off the big loop around Beaver Pond in Session Woods, and incorporate B Street (descending) somehow. I would also blow off the stretch up by the fish hatchery. That should put us into the more reasonable 15-18 mile territory. Looks fun though.

Something more like this perhaps?

http://www.bvibert.com/img/AZTour_revised.gpx

It's around 16.7 miles and avoids the soccer field area altogether, incorporates B-street, and eliminates the hike-a-bike around the beaver pond. For added fun we could take the twisties back up from the b-street area instead of the quick route on the blue trail.

Greg

Staff member
Something more like this perhaps?

http://www.bvibert.com/img/AZTour_revised.gpx

It's around 16.7 miles and avoids the soccer field area altogether, incorporates B-street, and eliminates the hike-a-bike around the beaver pond. For added fun we could take the twisties back up from the b-street area instead of the quick route on the blue trail.

I like it! A lot. :cool: So....where would you ride out of? Scoville, I guess? I say we make the goal to ride that in 4 hours. What say you? :eek:

bvibert

Staff member
I like it! A lot. :cool: So....where would you ride out of? Scoville, I guess? I say we make the goal to ride that in 4 hours. What say you? :eek:

I set it up with the ride starting at Stone, but we could certainly start at Scoville instead.

Greg

Staff member
I set it up with the ride starting at Stone, but we could certainly start at Scoville instead.

Either works, I guess. I set the thread title to 9/28.

Greg

Staff member
If we start at Stone we could use Scoville as a staging area, might work out pretty good...

Do you think we'll need to? I mean it's a long ride, but not that long.

Greg

Staff member
100 oz of water and a few Powerbars and I'll be good to go. That really is a great looking ruote. I say we extend that Session Woods downhill right to the logging area though. That should put us over 17 miles.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
If you really needed someone to, I could always meet you guys near one of the roads with extra supplies during your epic ride.

Just sayin'.....

Greg

Staff member
Prelim roll call:

Greg
bvibert

Again, this is going to be a ludicrously paced (for us) ride. Almost 18 miles and the goal is 4-ish hours, starting promptly at 7 am.

o3jeff?
MR evil?
Austin? This is the long, fast ride at Nass you've been waiting for, one that just about covers every key area there. Admittedly, the start time would be rough for you. Maybe camp out the night before? :idea: :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Tim was saying its a possibility and I was trying to talk Red into coming down as well, sounded like there was a chance of that happening.