• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

MTB: Epic-ish Nass Ride - 9/28

awf170

Let me see if I can get Marc to split the drive with me, if so I'll definitely be in. Heck, even if he doesn't I still might make it. I drive more than 3+ hours by myself to go skiing, why not do 2 hours once for a bike ride.

Greg

Staff member
Are you still doing 7am?? I am most likely in!

Yes, 7 am. We have to watch the weather. I'm hearing rumblings of a crapload of rain Thurs-Sat. Sunday thankfully looks dry, but it's gonna be wet.

awf170

Yeah, what the heck, it's only a 2 hour drive and I have nothing better to do with my Sundays. So where exactly are we meeting?

o3jeff

I should be in, just need to try and weasel out of something I committed to. Worst case I just bail early on you guys.

Greg

Staff member
The forecast is really deteriorating with talk of 4" of rain starting tomorrow night and into Sunday morning. If that comes to pass, I'm up for rescheduling. Not that I'm afraid to ride in the rain or anything, but for a long ride like this, it would be nice to have better weather and drier trails. Thoughts?

gmcunni

The forecast is really deteriorating with talk of 4" of rain starting tomorrow night and into Sunday morning. If that comes to pass, I'm up for rescheduling. Not that I'm afraid to ride in the rain or anything, but for a long ride like this, it would be nice to have better weather and drier trails. Thoughts?

i'm not able to ride on 9/28 so rescheduling works for me :)

o3jeff

Rescheduling seems like a good idea the way the weather is looking right now. Hopefully Gary can quit beating on his bike long enough so he can make it too.;-)

bvibert

Staff member
It depends on when we reschedule it to. I'm planning on riding this Sunday either way.

awf170

Yeah, reschedule. There is no way I'm driving that far unless it's dry.

Greg

Staff member
Yeah, reschedule. There is no way I'm driving that far unless it's dry.

Certainly can't blame you there. Sit tight and wait for better conditions. I would like to do Nassahegan justice for you and we'll need optimum conditions for that.

Greg

Staff member
Looks like the bulk of the rain will fall tonight through Saturday morning. I vote for an abbreviated ride (maybe 7-10 miler) out of Stone Road on Sunday and save Brian's epic route for another day. Thoughts?

bvibert

Staff member
I'd like to put in at least 10 miles, kind of a precursor to the 'epic'. I'd like to do the stuff at Stone and incorporate the main loop too. If we skipped the kitchen and the session's areas it should be more inline with what you're thinking...

Greg

Staff member
I'd like to put in at least 10 miles, kind of a precursor to the 'epic'. I'd like to do the stuff at Stone and incorporate the main loop too. If we skipped the kitchen and the session's areas it should be more inline with what you're thinking...

Big loop + Stone Road area? That sounds great. If it's dry, we could hit the Kitchen. Definitely down for that. Ride out of Lamson?

bvibert

Staff member
Big loop + Stone Road area? That sounds great. If it's dry, we could hit the Kitchen. Definitely down for that. Ride out of Lamson?

Either Lamson or Stone would work, but I think the ride would be more fun starting at Lamson.