What type of MTB pedals? Why? - Page 4

AlpineZone

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 141
  1. #31
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Clipless, yes. I am a gear whore. I'm liking the look of the Crank Bros.that MrEvil mentioned....
    PricePoint has a pretty good price on them:

    http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/166...num-Pedals.htm

    I ski double black diamonds.

  2. #32
    Paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    3,900
    clipless
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Grassi21 View Post
    Clipless, yes. I am a gear whore. I'm liking the look of the Crank Bros.that MrEvil mentioned....
    I have a pair of shimano 525 pedals, if you want to go the shimano route, that I wouldn't mind trading for something and I will throw in an old pair of RockGardyn shin/knee guards for free. If you have any old ten speed frames, I'd be interested, otherwise I could let them go for a growler of BBC Berkshire Ale (64 oz bottle) from Cork and Keg.

  4. #34
    Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Thomaston, CT
    Posts
    31,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremf View Post
    I have a pair of shimano 525 pedals, if you want to go the shimano route, that I wouldn't mind trading for something and I will throw in an old pair of RockGardyn shin/knee guards for free. If you have any old ten speed frames, I'd be interested, otherwise I could let them go for a growler of BBC Berkshire Ale (64 oz bottle) from Cork and Keg.
    The barter system at its finest!
    I ski double black diamonds.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremf View Post
    I have a pair of shimano 525 pedals, if you want to go the shimano route, that I wouldn't mind trading for something and I will throw in an old pair of RockGardyn shin/knee guards for free. If you have any old ten speed frames, I'd be interested, otherwise I could let them go for a growler of BBC Berkshire Ale (64 oz bottle) from Cork and Keg.
    hmmmm... let me sleep on it. sounds intriguing.
    '04-'05 - 2 days
    '05-'06 - 11 days
    '06-'07 - 20 days
    '07-'08 - 19 days
    '08 - '09 - 23 days
    '09 - '10 - 16 days
    '10 - '11 - 12 days
    '11 - '12 - 6 days
    Lifetime Total - 109

    Namaste you guys!

  6. #36
    bvibert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Torrington, CT
    Posts
    30,394
    I'd go with a SPD pedal over a Crank Brothers to start off with, for the sole reason that you can back the tension way down (as Greg mentioned) while you get used to unclipping from the pedals. The Crank Brother's design doesn't allow for that kind of adjustability.
    Brian

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    I'd go with a SPD pedal over a Crank Brothers to start off with, for the sole reason that you can back the tension way down (as Greg mentioned) while you get used to unclipping from the pedals. The Crank Brother's design doesn't allow for that kind of adjustability.
    That's how I started. I was using the 525s and then I got a pair with the wrap around cages/platform, the all steel ones. Those plastic ones were a POS. Buddy of mine had a pair and they practically dissentigrated after a month. When I got my Iron Horse, it came with CBs and after the first ride I was smitten.

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremf View Post
    I have a pair of shimano 525 pedals, if you want to go the shimano route, that I wouldn't mind trading for something and I will throw in an old pair of RockGardyn shin/knee guards for free. If you have any old ten speed frames, I'd be interested, otherwise I could let them go for a growler of BBC Berkshire Ale (64 oz bottle) from Cork and Keg.
    Steel Rail is better.

    -w
    2018-2019:
    Ready to go
    2017-2018 - 21, 2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by WJenness View Post
    Steel Rail is better.
    That and Golden Spike are my least favorite, both remind me of dragging my tongue along a railroad track after a train has passed.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremf View Post
    That and Golden Spike are my least favorite, both remind me of dragging my tongue along a railroad track after a train has passed.
    That's quite the visual!

    I haven't had Golden Spike.

    My two favorite BBC brews are Steel Rail and Drayman's Porter.

    -w
    2018-2019:
    Ready to go
    2017-2018 - 21, 2016-2017 - 20, 2015-2016 - 8, 2014-2015 - 10, 2013-2014 - 21, 2012-2013 - 12ish, 2011-2012 - 12, 2010-2011 - 20, 2009-2010 - 23, 2008-2009 - 30, 2007-2008 - 35

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:43 PM.