• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

NYSnowflake

As my ski instructor told me… there’s good skiing… and skiing that’s good for you! Before saying “let’s go find some nice ice!” Today’s skiing was definitely good for me! I remembered my ice skiing skills today while making the best of dust on crust conditions. I hope the snowmakers will be extra busy tonight!

Kingslug20

Its snowed all day up here and is still snowing in williston...stowe got abkut 3 inches which made the "frozen granular" a bit better.

jaybird

At this point, we’re resisting any talk about a storm until it manifests itself on the ground.
Thank you to the operations team for doing the best they can with the hand they’re playing 🍻

Kingslug20

No..i was at stowe..snow was tapering off but when i got back to williston it was still coming down..
My neighbors had their snow blowers going..
Mine is coming next week...all i got..is a shovel.
Think ill hit sb tomorrow or wednesday..still have a lot of painting do before next week..when all our stuff arrives

Lotso

Nice to see Elbow and RR lit up, as well as Expressway. Looks like NR should be up and running soon.

Still baffled by lack of snowmaking on Murphy's, Lower SB, and Birdland. Maybe that will change once they are done with Birch.

Really frustrated by the BAD website. Often it won't load, and the report is meh and filled with just recycled info.

tumbler

Nice to see Elbow and RR lit up, as well as Expressway. Looks like NR should be up and running soon.

Still baffled by lack of snowmaking on Murphy's, Lower SB, and Birdland. Maybe that will change once they are done with Birch.

Really frustrated by the BAD website. Often it won't load, and the report is meh and filled with just recycled info.
Looks like pushover, lower pushover to easy rider are getting a refresh, must have gotten thin. It would be nice to get the trails you mentioned done especially murphy's and birdland, but if they are up on Birch hopefully blow sunrise too in these temps and be done up there. Don't forget about Steins too.

slatham

Remember what Win said about spreading team too thin with multiple, disconnected pods, having simultaneous snowmaking? My bet is they blow enough to get North Lynx open, refresh open Gate House terrain, and open Hot Shot. Then they move to Steins, Birdland, Murphy's.

Smellytele

About to head back up and may just lap where they are making snow. Bumps are forming on slowpoke. Don’t ski over there much but top is getting scraped off.

nhskier1969

I noticed on the morning report that Spillsville is open. Was it open over the weekend? How can there be enough snow?

djd66

I noticed on the morning report that Spillsville is open. Was it open over the weekend? How can there be enough snow?
It was not open over the weekend. The inch of new snow I'm sure helped - ski it if you can!

Smellytele

The cross over from og was open and only saw 2 people ski it before noon. I was not one of them.
On another note I shouldn’t have went to ME in the afternoon. Worse conditions I have encountered all season(day16). Icy hard pack. Only reason to be over here would be racing and the park. Blowing on north peak - elbow and looked like maybe northway or northridge exp.

NYSnowflake

Icy with scant amounts of dust blowing around over the surface of jester, lower organ grinder, snowball/spring fling, and sleeper. Today is day 10 for me at SB. Heading back to NY. See you in a couple weeks and hopefully there will be better conditions by then!

shadyjay

Website
linktr.ee
Only the guns by the split were blowing that wet shit. Rest were dry

Your best bet to rectify this problem (for yourself and for others) is to tell someone... a lift operator or patrol or anyone with a radio. Then they can radio to snowmaking control and then forward that info to the guys on the hill.

When I worked day shift, we would get calls like that all the time... wasn't necessarily our fault, just the guns having issues at times, hoses freezing up, air lines freezing, etc. We'd put on our gear, go out and fix it, and then dry off again.

Smellytele

Your best bet to rectify this problem (for yourself and for others) is to tell someone... a lift operator or patrol or anyone with a radio. Then they can radio to snowmaking control and then forward that info to the guys on the hill.

When I worked day shift, we would get calls like that all the time... wasn't necessarily our fault, just the guns having issues at times, hoses freezing up, air lines freezing, etc. We'd put on our gear, go out and fix it, and then dry off again.
Didn’t bother me. There was an opening you could ski through without it affecting you.