• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The "Sugarbush Thread"

cdskier

granite is capable of using the Internet to post on ski forums to complain about non-locals, but doesn't know how to check a weather forecast?

FWIW, this afternoon was downright beautiful if you like soft spring bumps. The Mall was possibly the best I've ever skied it in the spring. Today far exceeded my expectations. Absolutely picture perfect bluebird day out there this afternoon.

With temps not dropping until pretty late tonight along with a very wet snowpack right now, I'm definitely expecting tomorrow to be firm to say the least. NWS says the base elevation hits freezing around 1am and bottoms out at 15 at 8am. Even the summit only hits freezing around midnight.

STREETSKIER

Super mank great for backseat billy
granite is capable of using the Internet to post on ski forums to complain about non-locals, but doesn't know how to check a weather forecast?

FWIW, this afternoon was downright beautiful if you like soft spring bumps. The Mall was possibly the best I've ever skied it in the spring. Today far exceeded my expectations. Absolutely picture perfect bluebird day out there this afternoon.

With temps not dropping until pretty late tonight along with a very wet snowpack right now, I'm definitely expecting tomorrow to be firm to say the least. NWS says the base elevation hits freezing around 1am and bottoms out at 15 at 8am. Even the summit only hits freezing around midnight.
I thought it was sticky poop but nice weather
I really don’t know what planet your on

cdskier

I thought it was sticky poop but nice weather
I really don’t know what planet your on

On The Mall? Or other trails? I only hit sticky spots on either flat trails or areas that hadn't been skied like along the edges of some trails. Didn't think it was overly sticky though. There were plenty of people flying down the bumps at good speed which I don't see being possible if it was "sticky poop" as you describe...

DS7_0263r.jpgDS7_0270r.jpgDS7_0283r.jpgDS7_0292r.jpg

Granite1

I wanted an opinion about the snow freezing over, how soft did it get today because that will depend on how much it freezes over. The weather forecast doesn't tell you that, but your post and others indicate the snow was quite soft and will probably freeze over pretty good overnight. Might go someplace closer given this info. Looks like Loon won't be nearly as cold and it's an hour closer. Very sorry I wasn't able to go today-looks fantastic.

Kingslug20

Definitely hard freeze...the sun may soften it up around 1...maybe...
I might go..or go to bolton...although I doubt bolton grooms as well...

Granite1

Loon just announced a delayed opening at 9am on Sunday, South Peak even later. This really sucks.

cdskier

Given the weather challenges tonight with a freeze occurring very late...I'm not surprised. Sugarbush still hasn't announced their plans for tonight/tomorrow. Usually they post the update by 3PM or so.

cdskier

Happy to hear I wasn't the only one that had fun yesterday.

Not sure what else to say to streetskier...some of us clearly had fun yesterday. Sorry he didn't.

As for today, I'm not going to say it was "good", but it was also far from "bad". I racked up around 21K of vertical at Ellen today.

DS7_0308r.jpgDS7_0323r.jpg